fpar
Jun 20, 09:42 AM
would you send it to the uk? The address would be confirmed. paypal
Thanks
Thanks
amberashby
Jan 11, 10:06 AM
Hmm... After it's done with the first CD, and it's rebooting, the CD is still in there, right? I believe that the mac continues to boot off the first CD until the second is needed. The HD isn't booted from until the installation has finished. Once it's done with the first CD, and restarts, try holding down the "C" key to ensure it doesn't try and boot from the HD.
Well, after it reboots it is booting to the CD but it comes up with the intial install screen all over again.
What is weird is the last thing it does before it reboots is the system optimization which I think is the very last thing that happens before the install is complete. But it is still on the first CD.
Thanks for your response, I wasn't expecting any responses till after the Macworld hysteria calmed down.
Well, after it reboots it is booting to the CD but it comes up with the intial install screen all over again.
What is weird is the last thing it does before it reboots is the system optimization which I think is the very last thing that happens before the install is complete. But it is still on the first CD.
Thanks for your response, I wasn't expecting any responses till after the Macworld hysteria calmed down.
Lacero
Sep 26, 02:13 AM
coming from someone who listens to music almost constantly, i have to disagree. i have a 20+ GB library and i make playlists based on the entire library. in other words they wouldn't fit on a nano. i like hearing a mix of my favorites along with new stuff.
All that music has gone to your head. :p
Both Ipods serve different needs, so I am not going to elaborate into it since it's been written to death. For the OP, the nano is a big leap forward from his shuffle and I see portability is especially important to him. Yeah, yeah, some will argue the regular iPod is portable, but that argument is pretty lame when it's taken on a treadmill.
Would that OP need more space in the future, sure, but that doesn't mean he'll need all the songs at his fingertips at once, unless he likes to have his pants drooped to his knees. 1000 songs will provide over 3 full days of music, thats 72 hours in geekspeak. And probably of that, 100-200 or so are songs he'll want to listen to more than once.
All that music has gone to your head. :p
Both Ipods serve different needs, so I am not going to elaborate into it since it's been written to death. For the OP, the nano is a big leap forward from his shuffle and I see portability is especially important to him. Yeah, yeah, some will argue the regular iPod is portable, but that argument is pretty lame when it's taken on a treadmill.
Would that OP need more space in the future, sure, but that doesn't mean he'll need all the songs at his fingertips at once, unless he likes to have his pants drooped to his knees. 1000 songs will provide over 3 full days of music, thats 72 hours in geekspeak. And probably of that, 100-200 or so are songs he'll want to listen to more than once.

iThinkergoiMac
Apr 5, 09:10 PM
The i5 is much faster than a C2D. The GPU isn't any slower. That should answer your question about playing games.
However, I'm not going to help you lie. If your MB is getting so hot that it really is burning you, that sounds broken to me. Besides, what happens when you try to present a broken computer and they figure out it really works just fine?
However, I'm not going to help you lie. If your MB is getting so hot that it really is burning you, that sounds broken to me. Besides, what happens when you try to present a broken computer and they figure out it really works just fine?
more...
AndrewR23
Apr 10, 02:32 PM
I do. Also just got mine engraved at Nike SF.
dutchchilly
Apr 17, 12:38 PM
As promised:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzbA7FsgsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzbA7FsgsM
more...

scem0
Oct 27, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Inhale420
not only that, but there is a limit to where bigger is NOT better. a 30 inch screen placed 2 feet in front of you doesn't seem to make much sense.
Exactly. I mean, how many of these could they possible sell? And imagine the costs of making one. There would (most probably) be a whole bunch of dead pixels...
not only that, but there is a limit to where bigger is NOT better. a 30 inch screen placed 2 feet in front of you doesn't seem to make much sense.
Exactly. I mean, how many of these could they possible sell? And imagine the costs of making one. There would (most probably) be a whole bunch of dead pixels...
itickings
Apr 9, 01:03 PM
I wonder why some routers block this kind of connection...Do you know what field should I check to see if there's a way to allow this?
You're thinking about it in the wrong way. The router isn't actually blocking that if it doesn't work, it just doesn't take extra measures to route the traffic that unnatural way.
Why would you need it to behave like that anyway?
You're thinking about it in the wrong way. The router isn't actually blocking that if it doesn't work, it just doesn't take extra measures to route the traffic that unnatural way.
Why would you need it to behave like that anyway?
more...

MrMacMan
Sep 11, 10:45 PM
This forum.
Because you need to scroll all the way down just to see it.
IMO, really annoying and makes people go out of their way to get here.
Because you need to scroll all the way down just to see it.
IMO, really annoying and makes people go out of their way to get here.
Consultant
May 4, 12:30 AM
I went to the website and checked as far down as iTunes 10.2 but they are all listed as being for Windows. Any for the Mac?
Grrr. Sorry about that. Used to work.
Grrr. Sorry about that. Used to work.
more...
robshakir
Feb 24, 12:28 PM
does anyone know anything about backpacks for laptops that you can use to go biking? As in a bag thats meant for biking
Check out these:
http://www.comuta.co.uk/
They're awesome for carrying stuff on a bike, great protection, and if you drop the bag, your laptop doesn't have a problem.
Rob
Check out these:
http://www.comuta.co.uk/
They're awesome for carrying stuff on a bike, great protection, and if you drop the bag, your laptop doesn't have a problem.
Rob
iLucas
Apr 24, 10:42 PM
hows this deal?
Here (http://www.buy.com/prod/13-3-macbook-intel-core-2-duo-2-4ghz-4gb-ram-500gb-hard-drive-nvidia/q/sellerid/31064376/loc/101/217650314.html)
If you're willing to spend that much then why not just get a baseline 2011 MBP?
The Intel i series of the new MBPs will be far better than that C2D found in that macbook. See here (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?mco=MTM3NjU5MzU)
Here (http://www.buy.com/prod/13-3-macbook-intel-core-2-duo-2-4ghz-4gb-ram-500gb-hard-drive-nvidia/q/sellerid/31064376/loc/101/217650314.html)
If you're willing to spend that much then why not just get a baseline 2011 MBP?
The Intel i series of the new MBPs will be far better than that C2D found in that macbook. See here (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?mco=MTM3NjU5MzU)
more...
carlgo
Mar 7, 01:10 PM
Think summer, late summer perhaps, according to Nikon rumor sites. It ought to be really good, really expensive. Look at the price of new FF-capable lenses.
I'll bet it is a big step up from what is out there now. It really has to be because the new DX cameras are very capable and today's FF cameras only offer improvements over them in limited situations.
I'm waiting for a really good EVIL cameral myself.
I'll bet it is a big step up from what is out there now. It really has to be because the new DX cameras are very capable and today's FF cameras only offer improvements over them in limited situations.
I'm waiting for a really good EVIL cameral myself.
Aperture
Jan 15, 10:13 PM
Can somebody please link to the keynote stream or the MacRumors page from this thread?
I've been avoiding sites all day and I didn't get an email.
Here (http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/f27853y2/event/index.html?internal=fj2l3s9dm) ya go. Out of curiosity, how did you navigate to this thread without seeing some of the headlines?
I've been avoiding sites all day and I didn't get an email.
Here (http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/f27853y2/event/index.html?internal=fj2l3s9dm) ya go. Out of curiosity, how did you navigate to this thread without seeing some of the headlines?
more...
overcast
Sep 21, 07:49 AM
But if I was on the same network as you, you very well might show up in the finder side bar account name and all. For people who file sharing is enabled this is a huge flaw.
Except you forgot the part where you need to have knowledge of how the hack actually works. The majority of bugs are just not common knowledge or as easy as browsing someone on the same network.
Except you forgot the part where you need to have knowledge of how the hack actually works. The majority of bugs are just not common knowledge or as easy as browsing someone on the same network.
mofunk
May 5, 06:58 PM
YOu can never have enough Mac :cool:
more...
Doctor Q
Mar 23, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the details. We'll take steps to have this ad removed.
volzalum
Mar 17, 12:28 PM
Here is my set-up that works very well and is stable:
3 ATV2 (each to seperate Home theater receiver)
2 Airport Express (each to seperate receiver)
1 1TB Time Capsule
1 3TB Seagate USB 2.0 (only store iTunes media on it)
1 old Dell Inspiron 8500 Laptop
I have the TC connected to the cable modem
I have the 3TB Harddrive connected to the TC
I have the Dell Computer connected by ethernet cable to the TC
Each of the ATV2's and AE's are connected wirelessly to the TC
I use the Dell as my iTunes Server and have it mapped to the iTunes library on the 3TB Harddrive. I can stream music to all 5 devices without any fading or delays. I can stream video to any of the ATV2's with no issues. Each of the ATV2s can access the shared iTunes library with no issues.
Movies typically start playing on the ATV2's after about 10 seconds and are usually fully loaded in about 10 minutes (typical file size is 1-2GB).
I use multiple iPhones (3Gs and 4) and iPad 1 to control the Dell iTunes library when streaming music. I also have two MBPros connected wirelessly to the TC and a 320GB NAS. I only use the TC for backup of 1 of the MBP's.
3 ATV2 (each to seperate Home theater receiver)
2 Airport Express (each to seperate receiver)
1 1TB Time Capsule
1 3TB Seagate USB 2.0 (only store iTunes media on it)
1 old Dell Inspiron 8500 Laptop
I have the TC connected to the cable modem
I have the 3TB Harddrive connected to the TC
I have the Dell Computer connected by ethernet cable to the TC
Each of the ATV2's and AE's are connected wirelessly to the TC
I use the Dell as my iTunes Server and have it mapped to the iTunes library on the 3TB Harddrive. I can stream music to all 5 devices without any fading or delays. I can stream video to any of the ATV2's with no issues. Each of the ATV2s can access the shared iTunes library with no issues.
Movies typically start playing on the ATV2's after about 10 seconds and are usually fully loaded in about 10 minutes (typical file size is 1-2GB).
I use multiple iPhones (3Gs and 4) and iPad 1 to control the Dell iTunes library when streaming music. I also have two MBPros connected wirelessly to the TC and a 320GB NAS. I only use the TC for backup of 1 of the MBP's.
Hastings101
May 4, 11:28 AM
They probably would have just picked up and left after that five year reprieve. That has happened multiple times where I live - the factories come for tenish years, their tax exemption ends, and they leave. Then the massive local unemployment starts again
Dielawn
Jul 30, 04:06 AM
At West Ed right now, about 50 people lined up. A lot smaller than what I was expecting!
~Shard~
Jan 9, 09:22 AM
As long as Jobs announces that they are in fact "shipping today" then yes, the Apple Stores should have them immediately and you would also be able to order them from the onliine store.
There is talk that iLife might be previewed today, however not released yet, as it might have some tie-ins to Leopard and will be released at the same time as 10.5 instead of today. :cool:
There is talk that iLife might be previewed today, however not released yet, as it might have some tie-ins to Leopard and will be released at the same time as 10.5 instead of today. :cool:
Marble
Nov 14, 12:56 AM
OJuice (http://www.ojuice.net/) is the authority on all things demo. Check out Nectarine (http://www.scenemusic.net/) for streaming scenemusic from the old legends and the new!
I am really looking forward to Renoise 1.5 final. I hope it takes them less time to release than between the last two releases. Looks really spiffy, though! Now if only it supported Audio Units...
I am really looking forward to Renoise 1.5 final. I hope it takes them less time to release than between the last two releases. Looks really spiffy, though! Now if only it supported Audio Units...
R94N
Oct 4, 12:24 PM
Sporks FTW! :D You often get them with salad pots from the shop :)
Richard14
Apr 4, 09:42 AM
How do i know what format the drive is in?