ranviper
Dec 26, 11:43 PM
Wowee!! Congratulations!! :p And yeah, other people may have gotten all sorts of gadgets, but no iPad is gonna top a lifelong partner (99 times out of 100 at least :o)
Hahaha, you right, and thanks! My mom got an iPad from my dad, so I get to play with it here and there. Pretty nifty, but I don't know if I would ever drops the money on a big iPhone. :p
Hahaha, you right, and thanks! My mom got an iPad from my dad, so I get to play with it here and there. Pretty nifty, but I don't know if I would ever drops the money on a big iPhone. :p
HexMonkey
Apr 1, 04:08 AM
Are your additions to Intel iBook (Rumored) really necessary? They're mostly just repeating what's already been stated earlier in the article, and are misleadingly definitive for a rumor.
Cindori
May 7, 03:17 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=974439&highlight=sli
simon202
Jul 10, 06:12 PM
:eek:WOW
Just checked on my O2 account and my iPhone is also being delivered by DHL tomorrow :eek: didn't think my order had been processed as I'm existing iPhone user and got caught up in O2 web order disaster.
This has put the biggest smile on my face :D
Just checked on my O2 account and my iPhone is also being delivered by DHL tomorrow :eek: didn't think my order had been processed as I'm existing iPhone user and got caught up in O2 web order disaster.
This has put the biggest smile on my face :D
more...
jaison13
Mar 31, 12:28 PM
It may be fun for play, but I cant see anything real being done on that. Most high end photo editors wont even use a trackpad/laptop...
Now if they can make it double as a wacom for a desktop and mirror the image form the computer.. now youre talking :)
And from a user standpoint, having all menus buried and no keyboard shortcuts, you're expanding the time to edit drastically.
do you own an ipad even? if you did you'd see that there are already some pretty serious apps that do a lot of the thing photoshop can do. also did you listen to the ma at all? this is a way to get work done where having a computer isn't so convenient. you need to do some research before making a a statement like i can't see anything real being done on that. the only difference between a wacom and ipad is pressure sensitivity. well that and price. a color wacom is more expensive and more focused to do one thing very well. below is a link to an artist who does most of their work on an ipad. check it out and tell me it's just a thing for fun!! if photoshop brings a serious app, a 2GB app it will be extremely useful. i'm a comic book illustrator just getting started on the ipad and i see great potential here. i'd like to see retina display mainly for better zoom in when drawing. but the ipad is way more than fun for play.
http://web.me.com/shvartsur/Olechka/Home.html
Now if they can make it double as a wacom for a desktop and mirror the image form the computer.. now youre talking :)
And from a user standpoint, having all menus buried and no keyboard shortcuts, you're expanding the time to edit drastically.
do you own an ipad even? if you did you'd see that there are already some pretty serious apps that do a lot of the thing photoshop can do. also did you listen to the ma at all? this is a way to get work done where having a computer isn't so convenient. you need to do some research before making a a statement like i can't see anything real being done on that. the only difference between a wacom and ipad is pressure sensitivity. well that and price. a color wacom is more expensive and more focused to do one thing very well. below is a link to an artist who does most of their work on an ipad. check it out and tell me it's just a thing for fun!! if photoshop brings a serious app, a 2GB app it will be extremely useful. i'm a comic book illustrator just getting started on the ipad and i see great potential here. i'd like to see retina display mainly for better zoom in when drawing. but the ipad is way more than fun for play.
http://web.me.com/shvartsur/Olechka/Home.html
mpw
Sep 26, 11:39 AM
...I just don't understand this whole "he's 18 and and adult" routine. He may be 18 in the eyes of the law, but with no real life experience behind him I hardly think he can be considered mature enough to make adult decisions. What's with this whole "hey presto the law says your an adult so you your all grow up now" ??...
You may not have been but I was perfectly able to make adult decisions about my life before I was 18years old.
At 18 the law recognised that I should be capable of behaving like an adult. It is the job of parents (and society) to make sure that there children are ready to be adults by 18years, which means they should've been preparing them for these sort of decisions for years. A parent shouldn't treat a son like a child until they're 18years and then from their 18th birthday treat them as an adult.
...I walked in on mine...
As an early teen I was in the room next to mine and had to endure a night of their role-playing passion. (They�re normally quite straight laced).
Then a couple of years later when I was maybe 16/17years old I walked in on them at around 11pm in the living room. Mum sat in the arm-chair with a leg over each arm and Dad kneeling going down on her.
***shudders***
Embarrassed? Yes, all of us. Disgusted? No, couldn�t see a reason to be. Ever sat in that chair again? No ***king way! Eww.
You may not have been but I was perfectly able to make adult decisions about my life before I was 18years old.
At 18 the law recognised that I should be capable of behaving like an adult. It is the job of parents (and society) to make sure that there children are ready to be adults by 18years, which means they should've been preparing them for these sort of decisions for years. A parent shouldn't treat a son like a child until they're 18years and then from their 18th birthday treat them as an adult.
...I walked in on mine...
As an early teen I was in the room next to mine and had to endure a night of their role-playing passion. (They�re normally quite straight laced).
Then a couple of years later when I was maybe 16/17years old I walked in on them at around 11pm in the living room. Mum sat in the arm-chair with a leg over each arm and Dad kneeling going down on her.
***shudders***
Embarrassed? Yes, all of us. Disgusted? No, couldn�t see a reason to be. Ever sat in that chair again? No ***king way! Eww.
more...
Lord Blackadder
Jan 10, 05:06 PM
They make not tinker with it too much, though they did try to take it a bit down market in its last revision. They may just stick to the four door sedans, since they tend to be the biggest sellers. The ironic part is that people laughed when VW tried to move upscale in the 90s, more into the luxury market. Now people are giving them flak for trying to make their stuff more affordable.
Back in the 90s, auto magazines in the US criticized the Jetta for being too small (similar criticisms were leveled at the underrated Mondeo sold here as the Contour). I always like the in-between size of the Jetta, but apparently most Americans prefer larger cars.
I would like to think I'm wrong, but most Americans seem to correlate size and quality, i.e. bigger cars are better. People can't understand why anyone would buy a smaller car when a bigger one could be had at the same price.
Back in the 90s, auto magazines in the US criticized the Jetta for being too small (similar criticisms were leveled at the underrated Mondeo sold here as the Contour). I always like the in-between size of the Jetta, but apparently most Americans prefer larger cars.
I would like to think I'm wrong, but most Americans seem to correlate size and quality, i.e. bigger cars are better. People can't understand why anyone would buy a smaller car when a bigger one could be had at the same price.
edesignuk
Feb 13, 06:14 AM
Sorry for the follow on...
But you hit on what some may see as an issue (maybe not for sun baked - gain not speaking for him).
There was a change that I noticed in your posting behavior (since you and I seemed to have hit the same threads) before and after the announcement of the possible addition of mini mods. The two are most likely unrelated; but it is the perception of users that counts to some degree.
Wait a few weeks and and all of this will be forgotten as you know. :)
I've been a member of these forums for a long time now, and I really like it here, I've learnt a lot and had a lot of fun too. But, to move to the next level and actually become part of the MR team it is obvious to any idiot (even me!) that some of my old habits have to die, and I do need to be able to account for my actions. So yes, my posting may have changed slightly, but without that change my name wouldn't be in this list now, and I wouldn't be able to wasteland that spam!! :D
Evolution...;) :)
But you hit on what some may see as an issue (maybe not for sun baked - gain not speaking for him).
There was a change that I noticed in your posting behavior (since you and I seemed to have hit the same threads) before and after the announcement of the possible addition of mini mods. The two are most likely unrelated; but it is the perception of users that counts to some degree.
Wait a few weeks and and all of this will be forgotten as you know. :)
I've been a member of these forums for a long time now, and I really like it here, I've learnt a lot and had a lot of fun too. But, to move to the next level and actually become part of the MR team it is obvious to any idiot (even me!) that some of my old habits have to die, and I do need to be able to account for my actions. So yes, my posting may have changed slightly, but without that change my name wouldn't be in this list now, and I wouldn't be able to wasteland that spam!! :D
Evolution...;) :)
more...
Sankersizzle
Sep 1, 02:54 AM
Am I the only one who hides my dock?!
Also, here's Stacy Keibler. One of the three girls in the world I would skip Shark Week for.
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8202/screenshot20100831at524.png
Also, here's Stacy Keibler. One of the three girls in the world I would skip Shark Week for.
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8202/screenshot20100831at524.png
CCStandUpFan
Nov 3, 11:34 AM
I just got back from International Plaza in Tampa, FL and they have the new Second-Generation iPod Shuffle in the store. They are not on display. I went up to the counter and asked for one and the guy had 4 behind another display.
I didn't ask how many they had in stock, but there were at least 3 at the time I left.
Got it all set up. The sound quality puts my 20GB touch-wheel with full-size FireWire connector iPod to shame.
The packaging, as expected, is pretty cool too.
[I tried to be as specific as possible on my iPod naming conventions ;-)]
I didn't ask how many they had in stock, but there were at least 3 at the time I left.
Got it all set up. The sound quality puts my 20GB touch-wheel with full-size FireWire connector iPod to shame.
The packaging, as expected, is pretty cool too.
[I tried to be as specific as possible on my iPod naming conventions ;-)]
more...
cozmot
May 3, 02:33 AM
iDisk works fine for me and has better integration than Dropbox.
How is iDisk better integrated than DropBox? I have DropBox running on my desktop where it looks like any other folder. I can open that folder and drag things to and from it. I have DropBox running on my iPad and iPhone too, and all three devices sync automatically. I use 1Password on all three devices and my data file resides on DropBox, so 1Password syncs to all devices automatically. And, there's a web interface for DropBox, so I can get to it from any computer. So what's better on iDisk?
How is iDisk better integrated than DropBox? I have DropBox running on my desktop where it looks like any other folder. I can open that folder and drag things to and from it. I have DropBox running on my iPad and iPhone too, and all three devices sync automatically. I use 1Password on all three devices and my data file resides on DropBox, so 1Password syncs to all devices automatically. And, there's a web interface for DropBox, so I can get to it from any computer. So what's better on iDisk?
RED�
Oct 9, 03:02 PM
I'll be buying it too!
Downloading... yay! :D
Downloading... yay! :D
more...
CaptMurdock
Feb 2, 12:58 AM
The wallpaper was screencapped from the opening of Time Bandits:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/CaptMurdock/Screengrabs/Desktop2-11.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/CaptMurdock/Screengrabs/Desktop2-11.jpg
rutiger
Mar 12, 12:49 PM
Can any cell phone capable of connecting to the web be used as a Bluetooth modem with an iPad that's been jail broke?
I'm using my Sprint Samsung M610 phone as a modem with my MacBook. Was wondering if it can be done with an iPad.
Doesn't work with the iPhone 4 4.2.1 jb. They won't pair.
I'm using my Sprint Samsung M610 phone as a modem with my MacBook. Was wondering if it can be done with an iPad.
Doesn't work with the iPhone 4 4.2.1 jb. They won't pair.
more...
reckless_0001
Oct 5, 05:04 PM
Hmm, the link doesnt seem to work with me. Says I dont have permission to access :mad:
Slash Dot ---> Translation ---> It's not gonna work. ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect
Slash Dot ---> Translation ---> It's not gonna work. ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect
p0intblank
Sep 26, 08:41 PM
Wow, that looks very nice! I don't have a .Mac account, but I would definitely love one... but not for $99. :( I'm really hoping for a price drop in the near future.
more...
thedge18
Jun 24, 11:42 PM
Any updates on stock here?
Socratic
May 2, 04:14 PM
This is also the case in the UK. A patently ridiculous stance, given that there is a constant message given on TV and radio that there is a shortage.
I have no problem with homosexuality, but it is a legitimate medical prohibition given the higher risk factors for blood disease. Straight men that sleep with hookers, and intravenous drug users are also banned on the same grounds. I genuinely don't believe it is a deliberately discriminatory policy, just the unfortunate scientific reality.
I have no problem with homosexuality, but it is a legitimate medical prohibition given the higher risk factors for blood disease. Straight men that sleep with hookers, and intravenous drug users are also banned on the same grounds. I genuinely don't believe it is a deliberately discriminatory policy, just the unfortunate scientific reality.
angrylawyer
Mar 25, 02:42 PM
I don't understand why the maps app doesn't take your location twice before giving you directions. There's been dozens of times I'm on the highway looking for directions and it thinks I'm on the other side of the highway or it thinks I'm on some street I just passed over.
If it took my location, waited a second, and took my location again it would know exactly which direction I was headed or which street I was on.
If it took my location, waited a second, and took my location again it would know exactly which direction I was headed or which street I was on.
paul.k.l
Apr 20, 01:52 PM
just wondering if it is possible to run lion as a virtuel machine using parallels
SPUY767
Oct 2, 07:17 AM
God I hate Notes- it's an operating system on top of an operating system. It's databases are just a step up from Access and to be honest - it's a pig.
I've been forced to use the piece a crap for over 5 years (I'm a consultant) and it had brought me great pleasure to help large scale enterprises move away from this overstuffed piece of crap.
Is Exchange any better - yes and no - in general they both are crappy. The biggest advantage of Notes is that their CALs (licenses) are so cheep compared to Exchange/Outlook.
When I start looking for a new job - the first question I'll ask is which Universal Messaging Platform have you deployed in your Enterprise? If they answer "Notes" I'll know the following about their organziation:
1. They care more about the dollar than about usability and employee satisfaction
2. The VP of IT is probably sleeping with the IBM rep
3. The business only uses it because they don't know any better (they've been there too long and have never used anything other than Notes and AOL).
4. They think that Notes databases are cool and hip and truly believe Access is an enterprise level database
5. And finally, they are so damn stupid they probably have Lotus 123 and Word Perfect as their "Office Suite"
"Save me lord from these fools"
Incredibly well thought out comments. You should pat yourself on the back. I especially enjoyed this gem:
3. The business only uses it because they don't know any better (they've been there too long and have never used anything other than Notes and AOL).
That embodies ignorance. It is in fact, just the opposite, more companies use exchange because it's already there and they don't know any better, not to mention that MS practically forces you to use it and they attempt to make it so easy that a baboon could set it up. Notes is good if implemented properly, better than exchange for what it's designed for. I have a feeling you just wanted to flame, so I'm just going to ignore you from now on.
Toodles.
I've been forced to use the piece a crap for over 5 years (I'm a consultant) and it had brought me great pleasure to help large scale enterprises move away from this overstuffed piece of crap.
Is Exchange any better - yes and no - in general they both are crappy. The biggest advantage of Notes is that their CALs (licenses) are so cheep compared to Exchange/Outlook.
When I start looking for a new job - the first question I'll ask is which Universal Messaging Platform have you deployed in your Enterprise? If they answer "Notes" I'll know the following about their organziation:
1. They care more about the dollar than about usability and employee satisfaction
2. The VP of IT is probably sleeping with the IBM rep
3. The business only uses it because they don't know any better (they've been there too long and have never used anything other than Notes and AOL).
4. They think that Notes databases are cool and hip and truly believe Access is an enterprise level database
5. And finally, they are so damn stupid they probably have Lotus 123 and Word Perfect as their "Office Suite"
"Save me lord from these fools"
Incredibly well thought out comments. You should pat yourself on the back. I especially enjoyed this gem:
3. The business only uses it because they don't know any better (they've been there too long and have never used anything other than Notes and AOL).
That embodies ignorance. It is in fact, just the opposite, more companies use exchange because it's already there and they don't know any better, not to mention that MS practically forces you to use it and they attempt to make it so easy that a baboon could set it up. Notes is good if implemented properly, better than exchange for what it's designed for. I have a feeling you just wanted to flame, so I'm just going to ignore you from now on.
Toodles.
iDM
Sep 24, 06:53 PM
Lets say his girlfriends parents say it's ok for them to sleep in the same room. Also, lets say that you also know that your son is having sex. Lets also say that your son has been going out with this girl for 3 months. So would you let him or not?
I only read the first post, but since your asking opinions I would say it depends on a couple of things?
Do you feel your son is responsible enough to use protection, after all you may want grandchildren, but not this early.
Finally depending on if your son is going away to college or not your gonna have to face the music that sleep overs are gonna happen there regardless
I only read the first post, but since your asking opinions I would say it depends on a couple of things?
Do you feel your son is responsible enough to use protection, after all you may want grandchildren, but not this early.
Finally depending on if your son is going away to college or not your gonna have to face the music that sleep overs are gonna happen there regardless
Designer Dale
Apr 14, 01:44 PM
I found a few. I don't believe someone could come up blank with a Google search.
http://www.jimmypage.co.uk/biography.htm
Dale
http://www.jimmypage.co.uk/biography.htm
Dale
caspersoong
Apr 14, 03:58 AM
There are no CDMA providers in my country. So if the iPhone 5 is not released soon, many people will switch to Android smartphones. But they will be so dissatisfied that they will buy the iPhone 5 when it comes out. (This really is the attitude of my fellow countrymen) I will just wait and see.