MacMan86
May 27, 05:22 PM
That's one thing I really hate about apple. Once a new revision comes out, if you have a problem with the previous generation product you may as well forget about it ever getting fixed.
There are an awful lot of examples that would say otherwise.
For a start I would mention the hard drive replacement program for the white MacBooks which are 3/4 years old. Then there was the update to fix the audio issue with the 2009 Mac Pro's.
Would you care to give examples of these problems which have been ignored?
There are an awful lot of examples that would say otherwise.
For a start I would mention the hard drive replacement program for the white MacBooks which are 3/4 years old. Then there was the update to fix the audio issue with the 2009 Mac Pro's.
Would you care to give examples of these problems which have been ignored?
itcheroni
Sep 2, 08:02 PM
I wasn't worried just wondering if anyone else here bought anything from you. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to call you out.
roxor
Apr 4, 08:33 AM
Hi,
I know there are many threads on it. But nowhere have I been able to find a clear answer as to whether it is possible or not to perform the following:
- I have an internet box from which I get the connection to Internet
- I have a third-party (Linksys) router that does my routing and my wifi
- My home is built in a way so that I cannot get wifi everywhere (possibly because the Linksys has crappy range), though I think one extra spot would help
Can I use an Airport Express device to extend my Linksys' wifi coverage?
Many threads exist but all contradict on whether it is possible or not to extend non-Apple-based networks with an Apple device.
If not, does the following architecture work?:
- Linksys still there to be doing my wired-ethernet routing
- One Airport Express device plugged to the switch of the Linksys and that delivers wifi
- A second Airport Express plugged in another room that only extends wifi provided by the first one
If this still is not possible, what would be? By now, if you're still reading, you must have gotten a clue of what I am trying to achieve ;)
The thing I'd like to avoid is to have to replace the Linksys by the Airport Extreme that could do my wired-Ethernet routing and still have to get an express one for range extension...
Thank you.
I know there are many threads on it. But nowhere have I been able to find a clear answer as to whether it is possible or not to perform the following:
- I have an internet box from which I get the connection to Internet
- I have a third-party (Linksys) router that does my routing and my wifi
- My home is built in a way so that I cannot get wifi everywhere (possibly because the Linksys has crappy range), though I think one extra spot would help
Can I use an Airport Express device to extend my Linksys' wifi coverage?
Many threads exist but all contradict on whether it is possible or not to extend non-Apple-based networks with an Apple device.
If not, does the following architecture work?:
- Linksys still there to be doing my wired-ethernet routing
- One Airport Express device plugged to the switch of the Linksys and that delivers wifi
- A second Airport Express plugged in another room that only extends wifi provided by the first one
If this still is not possible, what would be? By now, if you're still reading, you must have gotten a clue of what I am trying to achieve ;)
The thing I'd like to avoid is to have to replace the Linksys by the Airport Extreme that could do my wired-Ethernet routing and still have to get an express one for range extension...
Thank you.
chiefroastbeef
Mar 11, 09:59 AM
It is very frustrating that Apple still has not fixed this in 4.3, I want to backup/view photos on my ipad!!!
more...
Legion93
Apr 25, 08:42 PM
Oh wait, there's a MacBook Air coming out in 2012, and then there's an update in 2013. You gotta hold of till 2014 and get the new ones with turbo-boost CPUs, but the even new models looks much sleeker, unfortunately it's not out till 2015.
Next thing you know, I'm suffering from diabetes in a care home.
Next thing you know, I'm suffering from diabetes in a care home.

leomac08
Aug 3, 06:08 PM
Does this mean we're going to die? The article doesn't say so.:D
more...
TRUCRACKER
Aug 17, 10:00 PM
Wow for free?! Lucky man
CobraPA
Apr 28, 02:25 PM
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/SSD/65
Seems like a pretty good choice. I didn't realize anything was beating the Vertexes, although it's been about a year since I went shopping. (The IBM's were always a little faster, but a lot more dollars as well.)
Seems like a pretty good choice. I didn't realize anything was beating the Vertexes, although it's been about a year since I went shopping. (The IBM's were always a little faster, but a lot more dollars as well.)
more...
Haoshiro
Mar 27, 10:42 AM
I'd definitely be up for it... but no Mac version, right? I'd hate to have to reboot into XP every time to test a new build...
Other then that I'm an ideal candidate... I work from home, use wired 360 controllers on my Mac, and love 2D games (also have a GBA SP and two DS Lites).
I'm also a programmer, and am very expereinced in debugging... have even made several home brew games myself, although mostly back in the days of DOS (I've only been a Mac user for a year). ;)
Feel free to PM me if you haven't filled all the spots.
Other then that I'm an ideal candidate... I work from home, use wired 360 controllers on my Mac, and love 2D games (also have a GBA SP and two DS Lites).
I'm also a programmer, and am very expereinced in debugging... have even made several home brew games myself, although mostly back in the days of DOS (I've only been a Mac user for a year). ;)
Feel free to PM me if you haven't filled all the spots.
Markleshark
Oct 23, 05:01 AM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/CB560E.jpg
more...
ben.mcmahan
Jun 30, 08:01 PM
do you know (or have a way to check) the battery cycles on the ibook battery?
i.e.
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3747
Cycle Count: 163
(from my current ibook battery)
thanks!
b
i.e.
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3747
Cycle Count: 163
(from my current ibook battery)
thanks!
b
mhuk01
Mar 27, 06:55 PM
Hello
I'm hoping someone (with more experience at this than me) can help. I'm a UK citizen currently working in the US. I'm paid in cash and have been paying this into a US bank account. I finish my contract and head back to the UK in a month or so, and would prefer to keep my money in US dollars at the moment (until I can get a good exchange rate).
As I'm not getting any interest on the money, I would like to invest it in some Apple stock. I have researched this but cannot seem to find the best way of doing this. It seems I have to be a US citizen for most brokers to help me? And I'd rather use US brokers instead of UK as my money is in a US bank account.
If anyone has any advice as to how I as a british citizen can invest USD into a US company that would be great.
Thanks
Martin
I'm hoping someone (with more experience at this than me) can help. I'm a UK citizen currently working in the US. I'm paid in cash and have been paying this into a US bank account. I finish my contract and head back to the UK in a month or so, and would prefer to keep my money in US dollars at the moment (until I can get a good exchange rate).
As I'm not getting any interest on the money, I would like to invest it in some Apple stock. I have researched this but cannot seem to find the best way of doing this. It seems I have to be a US citizen for most brokers to help me? And I'd rather use US brokers instead of UK as my money is in a US bank account.
If anyone has any advice as to how I as a british citizen can invest USD into a US company that would be great.
Thanks
Martin
more...

NZed
Apr 16, 08:13 AM
the problem is that I do not have even one, not to say two. Can you please give me some suggestion on which brand to buy?
You're on a Mac Rumors forum here. MBA 11" for extreme portability
You're on a Mac Rumors forum here. MBA 11" for extreme portability
Chris Blount
May 6, 12:14 PM
Yep! Don't rely on the Best Buy web site. I called around and they had the new iMac's in stock and on sale! Just picked mine up.
more...
fayans
Sep 23, 04:38 PM
Happy Switching! ;)
ninebythree
Dec 23, 05:39 PM
I actually mean that the keyboard doesn't function for a minute post-wake, and the mouse functions perfectly fine, although the keyboard is seized.
more...
Young Spade
Apr 16, 01:55 PM
You are so humorous. Of course what i want is a netbook not a bag.:p
I want to buy one online as I think it would be cheaper. What is your opinion?
Haha oh ok :)
Well yea you're on a Mac forum so you're going to get a lot of Mac replies... which IMO is all you need ;)
But seriously... if you want extreme portability a MBA will do great... the 13 inch ones are slim and have amazing battery life; if you're willing to get the 1.4/1.6ghz dual core instead of a 2.x one (dual), then you should be set. They all have the glass trackpad which is great as well.
Like I posted before though, I would suggest a MBP. They are still very portable and small in size compared to other laptops and have a performance (and build) increase compared to the regular, polycarbonate Macs.
What are you planning on doing with your computer? Where are you taking it? These things would help us out a lot :)
I want to buy one online as I think it would be cheaper. What is your opinion?
Haha oh ok :)
Well yea you're on a Mac forum so you're going to get a lot of Mac replies... which IMO is all you need ;)
But seriously... if you want extreme portability a MBA will do great... the 13 inch ones are slim and have amazing battery life; if you're willing to get the 1.4/1.6ghz dual core instead of a 2.x one (dual), then you should be set. They all have the glass trackpad which is great as well.
Like I posted before though, I would suggest a MBP. They are still very portable and small in size compared to other laptops and have a performance (and build) increase compared to the regular, polycarbonate Macs.
What are you planning on doing with your computer? Where are you taking it? These things would help us out a lot :)
pulsewidth947
Mar 20, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your replys.. at nearly �100 for that Dr Bott one, i think i'll give it a miss.
I'll just buy a cheap one just for monitor switching.. i got a ps/2 keyboard and a cheap usb keyboard that i can leave plugged into PC/mini mac. And i'll just swap my m$ optical mouse over :)
its just becoming a pain in the arse swapping the monitor over everytime i wanna play a game or jam in Reason!
I'll just buy a cheap one just for monitor switching.. i got a ps/2 keyboard and a cheap usb keyboard that i can leave plugged into PC/mini mac. And i'll just swap my m$ optical mouse over :)
its just becoming a pain in the arse swapping the monitor over everytime i wanna play a game or jam in Reason!

ktbubster
Jun 23, 03:06 AM
I'll dig for the rubber feet and smaller pieces.
send me an offer for the batteries and i'll let you know. It depends where I have to ship them to, but i'm not really sure what these go for now :)
send me an offer for the batteries and i'll let you know. It depends where I have to ship them to, but i'm not really sure what these go for now :)
macboy62
Oct 25, 06:37 PM
Good morning everyone,
Looks like it is going to be a wet day for queuing.
I'm heading into Tokyo in a few hours, I'll try and keep you posted as to the line at Ginza.
:)
Looks like it is going to be a wet day for queuing.
I'm heading into Tokyo in a few hours, I'll try and keep you posted as to the line at Ginza.
:)
gotzero
Apr 5, 01:08 PM
I would add Transintl ( http://www.transintl.com/macupgrades/index.cfm ) to the happy list for Mac Pro improvements.
jeremy.king
Jan 10, 11:28 AM
a cool key combo i accadentially discovered not to long ago is the command + ~ this will cycle through the open windows of the current program. so if you have 3 windows in safari open it will only cycle through them and not go to another program.
Actually its the ` not ~, since ~ would require the Shift key :D
Here's a bunch more you can accidently discover too ;)
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75459
Actually its the ` not ~, since ~ would require the Shift key :D
Here's a bunch more you can accidently discover too ;)
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75459
DreaminDirector
Jul 6, 04:27 PM
Strange! I had the same problem about 2 days ago. I finally used google to search for answers. Ended up that I didnt need to call adelphia, all I had to do was unplug both the airport extreme and the cable modem. Then wait like 30 seconds, plug the two together via ethernet cord, then plug in the modem, wait for it to reset then plug in the Airport....
All that headache for something so damn simple.....
All that headache for something so damn simple.....
reberto
Dec 7, 02:46 PM
Link doesn't work.
link fixed
link fixed