usirit
10-25 11:17 AM
Thank you for taking the lead on this.... I'll be @ 11:00 am
wallpaper design, aby showers,
mpadapa
08-09 02:30 PM
bump
krishmunn
01-24 02:40 PM
Guys, sorry I do not understand the numbers very well. Assuming the same amount of spillover numbers for 2011, what will be the status of EB2 by December-2011??
Thanks,
Prasad.
Probably around April 2007. I was hoping it will clear till July 2007 but does not look like
Thanks,
Prasad.
Probably around April 2007. I was hoping it will clear till July 2007 but does not look like
2011 Luxury-kids-bedroom-design-
ksairi
08-17 08:47 AM
Please
more...
gc_check
01-17 08:21 AM
Refer to the below url for more details.
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html#apply
Couple of years back, it was simple.. You just walk to the local IRS office and fill in a W-7 with proper ID, you are done. This has changed now. You can apply for a ITIN (W7) for H4, only when you file your tax returns. You complete the Form W-7 and file it along with your tax return, The W7 is processed first and then the taxes.
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html#apply
Couple of years back, it was simple.. You just walk to the local IRS office and fill in a W-7 with proper ID, you are done. This has changed now. You can apply for a ITIN (W7) for H4, only when you file your tax returns. You complete the Form W-7 and file it along with your tax return, The W7 is processed first and then the taxes.
sirinme
07-29 10:29 AM
This second point is not true. Either that, or the USCIS is not enforcing that requirement consistently. I renewed my EAD 3 times so far, but never had to provide any salary statements with my renewal applications.
Two other issues could be:
2. You need recent salary statements for EAD renewal every year.
Two other issues could be:
2. You need recent salary statements for EAD renewal every year.
more...
amitjoey
07-05 12:54 PM
Fellow IV fighters, members. I know, it seems like there is always a target for funds and we dont achieve it. Well! that is not true, we set a new target when the first one is achieved.
Funds, There are more ideas than funds. For every new campaign, plan, we need funds. So it is an ever needed commodity. The reason so many of us are so very aggresive is that we just need more funds, plain and simple.
Inspite of several hundreds contributing, it is not enough. But we will soon reach a day when we would be okay, (given a lot of us/you, sign up for a recurring contribution).
Trusting IV with funds is a major stumbling block, but remember IV is a non-profit, so every "naya-paisa" (penny) is accounted for.
People handling money (core IV) are sincere, honest hardworking people on work-visas, they have much to lose from not being accountable.
And the most important thing is, please take a look at these hard-working IV CORE PEOPLE, please. Some of them have put thousands of dollars (I mean 5 and ten thousand) into this effort. I am not counting personal expenses, travelling to DC, lost work hours etc.
So your $100 at the bowling arena wont get you much farther, but contribute it to IV to get your way ahead paved and bull-dozed over.
Funds, There are more ideas than funds. For every new campaign, plan, we need funds. So it is an ever needed commodity. The reason so many of us are so very aggresive is that we just need more funds, plain and simple.
Inspite of several hundreds contributing, it is not enough. But we will soon reach a day when we would be okay, (given a lot of us/you, sign up for a recurring contribution).
Trusting IV with funds is a major stumbling block, but remember IV is a non-profit, so every "naya-paisa" (penny) is accounted for.
People handling money (core IV) are sincere, honest hardworking people on work-visas, they have much to lose from not being accountable.
And the most important thing is, please take a look at these hard-working IV CORE PEOPLE, please. Some of them have put thousands of dollars (I mean 5 and ten thousand) into this effort. I am not counting personal expenses, travelling to DC, lost work hours etc.
So your $100 at the bowling arena wont get you much farther, but contribute it to IV to get your way ahead paved and bull-dozed over.
2010 Features and facts:
usdreams
05-25 12:13 PM
Hi,
I am little scared, I have taken an Infopass appointment for this friday at my local office, as my PD is current for EB2 - May, and still didn't get any status update or GCs.
Is it risky or inviting a risk by taking infopass apt. ?
Do you think I should have waited ?
please reply if anyone have any idea.
Thank you,
I am little scared, I have taken an Infopass appointment for this friday at my local office, as my PD is current for EB2 - May, and still didn't get any status update or GCs.
Is it risky or inviting a risk by taking infopass apt. ?
Do you think I should have waited ?
please reply if anyone have any idea.
Thank you,
more...
calgirl
08-07 11:46 PM
When did you contact the Senators office and how long did they take to retrieve this information for you?
Thanks.
I have filed for my EAD and 485 in july 2007. I have not got my EAD due to Name check (dont know why they cannot issue EAD bcos of name check).
Well in my case USCIS did not give me any information.
So i had to call the senator office. Their office contacted the TSC, and got the information that my case is pending Name check.
Now i know my case is pending name check, whenever i call USCIS, they submit a request to provide me an update and ask me to call after 1 month, 2 months and like that.
So i have stopped calling USCIS and directly call the Senator office.
Infopass does not show any appointment dates in Altanta region. So i am relying on the Senator office.
So may be you can try calling the Senator office and ask them to followup with your case.
Thanks.
I have filed for my EAD and 485 in july 2007. I have not got my EAD due to Name check (dont know why they cannot issue EAD bcos of name check).
Well in my case USCIS did not give me any information.
So i had to call the senator office. Their office contacted the TSC, and got the information that my case is pending Name check.
Now i know my case is pending name check, whenever i call USCIS, they submit a request to provide me an update and ask me to call after 1 month, 2 months and like that.
So i have stopped calling USCIS and directly call the Senator office.
Infopass does not show any appointment dates in Altanta region. So i am relying on the Senator office.
So may be you can try calling the Senator office and ask them to followup with your case.
hair God#39;s Plans for You - Baby Boy
bombaysardar
07-26 11:40 PM
keep it up! :) :)
more...
zCool
12-21 09:49 AM
There are some companies that enter into agreements with ppl like that. Of course it is not legal and of course it's exploitative and predatory.. but depends what was decided.. If his employer offered with 100K on paper but talked abt this type of arrangement verbally (assuming he got sub labor at the same time ) it might make sense.. in any other case.. he's getting ripped off and better that he sues the employer.. merely credible threat of lawsuit should make the company pay..
hot Unique Baby Favors
milind70
04-07 05:28 PM
sam_gc,
Thanks for the response! Fear and hope compete against each other in this dilemma! Seems like the decision rests with the IO whenever she enters next time.
There is a provision for extending B2 visa. If they dont allow, they wouldnt have it in the first place. I understand getting Immigration benefit is a privilege and not a right! The question is how to balance our needs without overreaching it!
Rgds,
gcisadawg
There is a provision but need complelling reasons for extension of stay over six months at a strech on B2. The odds are high that they may have trouble getting a six month stay the next time around.What happened in a rare case with other should not be taken as precendence.It depends from situation to sitatuon and is at discretion of IO at POE.
Thanks for the response! Fear and hope compete against each other in this dilemma! Seems like the decision rests with the IO whenever she enters next time.
There is a provision for extending B2 visa. If they dont allow, they wouldnt have it in the first place. I understand getting Immigration benefit is a privilege and not a right! The question is how to balance our needs without overreaching it!
Rgds,
gcisadawg
There is a provision but need complelling reasons for extension of stay over six months at a strech on B2. The odds are high that they may have trouble getting a six month stay the next time around.What happened in a rare case with other should not be taken as precendence.It depends from situation to sitatuon and is at discretion of IO at POE.
more...
house Cartoon Baby Giraffe Flip

beautifulMind
06-16 10:10 AM
Are you sure of this..This is very important for my wife. Her F1-OPT begins in October and I feel that the I-485 EAD may not come till then. She also has a job offer to start in october so we are thinking that it should be ok to start working on F1 OPT till we get our 485-EAD and eventually shift
tattoo Cartoon Baby Giraffe Boxer
seaskimmer
11-06 09:16 AM
Presently Continental is the only non-stop EWR-BOM service operated on a daily basis. AI flies EWR-CDG-BOM
Delta also fly BOM-JFK non-stop, the aircraft is a B 777 (same as the one Continental use on their BOM-EWR route)... quite comfortable.
Delta also fly BOM-JFK non-stop, the aircraft is a B 777 (same as the one Continental use on their BOM-EWR route)... quite comfortable.
more...
pictures designer babies
Prashanthi
02-11 04:14 PM
Note: A receipt for an application for an initial or renewal USCIS
Employment Authorization Document (EAD) filed on a Form I-765,
Application for Employment Authorization, is not acceptable for Form
I-9 verification purposes.
Also for immigration purposes you cannot start working until you have the approval in-hand.
Employment Authorization Document (EAD) filed on a Form I-765,
Application for Employment Authorization, is not acceptable for Form
I-9 verification purposes.
Also for immigration purposes you cannot start working until you have the approval in-hand.
dresses launched on designer Yves
bazuka6
10-20 09:14 PM
I seriously think IV should take specific instances of past delays due to FBI checks and USCIS delays and highlight these.. A letter campaign supporting Mayorkas should be sent to senatiors.
Letter must specifically highlight how Grassley's allegations are unfounded (based on his history) and how Mayorkas has increased transparency within USCIS and helped legitimate aliens get their immigration benefits in a timely fashion instead of perpetuating bureaucratic delays
Letter must specifically highlight how Grassley's allegations are unfounded (based on his history) and how Mayorkas has increased transparency within USCIS and helped legitimate aliens get their immigration benefits in a timely fashion instead of perpetuating bureaucratic delays
more...
makeup Com (Designer Babies)
dealsnet
03-19 11:49 AM
I think he mentioned 2005 fee as the fee for I-485 in 2005 (old fee structure). Not the check date of 2005. Let him clarify.
Just wondering, a 2005 check is a very valid check. A check with future date is not valid for cashing immediatly. This may be invalid if the lawyer didnt had the account in 2005.
Just wondering, a 2005 check is a very valid check. A check with future date is not valid for cashing immediatly. This may be invalid if the lawyer didnt had the account in 2005.
girlfriend KRW Baby Boy - Nutrition Facts
neha_garg123
01-08 07:22 PM
I rue for the big "premium" company that has hired a "premium" MBA graduate that cracks under pressure. A Satyam waiting to happen I guess ... best of luck
Thanks a lot Hinglish. Btw are you really sad or just a pessimist? Anyways I pity u!!
Thanks a lot Hinglish. Btw are you really sad or just a pessimist? Anyways I pity u!!
hairstyles Hope and a Future - Baby Boy
karthkc
03-27 05:47 PM
I was on bench for 4 months in 2001. I have 2 times H1 transfer after that and visited India couple of times. I have regular pay stubs from 2002 onwards.
Can this create an issue while IO is working on my 485 application?
The official stance from my attorneys on this kind of a situation is to ensure that you were not "unlawfully present" in the US during the time in question.
What that means is if you were over 180+ days out of status, you enter into what is known as "unlawful presence" period. In that situation, the penalties are far more severe than just status violation.
In your case, the time period is well within that limit and that coupled with the fact that you were lawfully re-admitted into the US twice since the period should not cause concern.
If it does come up during adjudication, a good attorney should be able to compose a response accordingly.
Hope that helps!
--Karthik
Can this create an issue while IO is working on my 485 application?
The official stance from my attorneys on this kind of a situation is to ensure that you were not "unlawfully present" in the US during the time in question.
What that means is if you were over 180+ days out of status, you enter into what is known as "unlawful presence" period. In that situation, the penalties are far more severe than just status violation.
In your case, the time period is well within that limit and that coupled with the fact that you were lawfully re-admitted into the US twice since the period should not cause concern.
If it does come up during adjudication, a good attorney should be able to compose a response accordingly.
Hope that helps!
--Karthik
immi2006
05-24 09:14 AM
If you want to make decisions do it based on career progress not on GC.
I seriously doubt if you can get your GC IMHO, reason being with 7 % of 90000 being a small number for any country. Particularly India / China, DO you know something - there are thousands in line from 2002 onwards waiting to file 485.
Even after 10 years of wait the number will still not be enough to fill the 485 backlog. I do not want to sound as someone not wishing you well. I am touching on ground realities.
I seriously doubt if you can get your GC IMHO, reason being with 7 % of 90000 being a small number for any country. Particularly India / China, DO you know something - there are thousands in line from 2002 onwards waiting to file 485.
Even after 10 years of wait the number will still not be enough to fill the 485 backlog. I do not want to sound as someone not wishing you well. I am touching on ground realities.
satyasaich
06-29 09:48 AM
My friend
What else we lose if we stand up the plate to express some legitimate concerns?
Most of the members of this forum (and so many more) have already lost the prime time of their lives because we just followed the path of playing by rules.
Unless one has some compelling personal reasons, i do not see any thing wrong to raise the voice
---
Yes, once "They" identify "You" the consequences can be severe.:rolleyes:
Beware! Big Brother is watching.
That is the reason I didn't support the US soccer team at World Cup.
US team is so unpopular in Europe :p Given a choice between popularity and doing the right thing, I guess popularity always wins :D
Hilarious! Couldn't resist :o
What else we lose if we stand up the plate to express some legitimate concerns?
Most of the members of this forum (and so many more) have already lost the prime time of their lives because we just followed the path of playing by rules.
Unless one has some compelling personal reasons, i do not see any thing wrong to raise the voice
---
Yes, once "They" identify "You" the consequences can be severe.:rolleyes:
Beware! Big Brother is watching.
That is the reason I didn't support the US soccer team at World Cup.
US team is so unpopular in Europe :p Given a choice between popularity and doing the right thing, I guess popularity always wins :D
Hilarious! Couldn't resist :o