blevins321
May 3, 11:55 AM
Is there any way I could delete the windows partition and have another shot at installing it?
And is it best to download the support software, instead of relying on the disc?
Reopen Boot Camp Assistant and it has the option to restore your drive. I think that you have to install from the disk first (to prove that you own it), but then run Apple Software Update from the Windows side to upgrade to the latest version.
And is it best to download the support software, instead of relying on the disc?
Reopen Boot Camp Assistant and it has the option to restore your drive. I think that you have to install from the disk first (to prove that you own it), but then run Apple Software Update from the Windows side to upgrade to the latest version.
zap2
Apr 2, 04:19 PM
Well I'll take my "Wii remote as a baseball bat and hitting cilvians for on reason" over this "plot"
Honestly I don't see a huge difference(atleast a difference that would make one better then the other) in the plot between GTA and Godfather...different places, different goals. Not sure how one is better then the other.
Honestly I don't see a huge difference(atleast a difference that would make one better then the other) in the plot between GTA and Godfather...different places, different goals. Not sure how one is better then the other.

bella92108
Mar 28, 11:56 AM
You can ONLY do a tethered jailbreak on 4.3 (or 4.3.1) currently.. as someone has stated here..
And only on iPad 1 NOT iPad 2, correct?
And only on iPad 1 NOT iPad 2, correct?
Shagrat
Oct 29, 12:22 PM
PS If you didn't realise, Markus Fritze is one of the Emagic/Logic team at Apple, and can be found posting at OSX Audio from time to time.
more...
Doctor Q
Mar 10, 01:04 AM
I'm imagining a scenario like this and wonder if it's technically doable and if it's a reasonable approach. Note that I'm a web programmer but not an iOS programmer.
A 12-person team is out in the woods on a scientific scavenger hunt for bugs. They stay in wifi range of a Mac that's running a web server with a web app I'll write. Each person has an iPad or iPhone running mobile Safari.
When one scavenger spots a gromphadorhina portentosa, he/she types its name in a web form and submits it. (Maybe we'll use abbreviations for the names!) The web app checks if a gromphadorhina portentosa has already been spotted and recorded, letting that person know. If it hasn't been spotted before, the scavenger takes a photo and collects other scientific information about the bug, which can stay on the local device until later. The purpose of the central web server is to prevent two scavengers from taking the time to record details about the same bug.
Optimizations could include using AJAX to check for matches as the user types.
Is this a practical way to do approach this problem? Are there smarter approaches I should also consider?
A 12-person team is out in the woods on a scientific scavenger hunt for bugs. They stay in wifi range of a Mac that's running a web server with a web app I'll write. Each person has an iPad or iPhone running mobile Safari.
When one scavenger spots a gromphadorhina portentosa, he/she types its name in a web form and submits it. (Maybe we'll use abbreviations for the names!) The web app checks if a gromphadorhina portentosa has already been spotted and recorded, letting that person know. If it hasn't been spotted before, the scavenger takes a photo and collects other scientific information about the bug, which can stay on the local device until later. The purpose of the central web server is to prevent two scavengers from taking the time to record details about the same bug.
Optimizations could include using AJAX to check for matches as the user types.
Is this a practical way to do approach this problem? Are there smarter approaches I should also consider?
SeaFox
Nov 6, 02:14 PM
Is there a limit on how many submissions one can do in a given time period?
Last night I submitted five different Ween tracks in a row. The first showed up, but the next one (by me) that posted was a Local H track I put in after the Ween.
Last night I submitted five different Ween tracks in a row. The first showed up, but the next one (by me) that posted was a Local H track I put in after the Ween.
more...
jupiteroot
Apr 20, 09:04 AM
There are many 40 pin ZIF to sata adapters out there... what's needed is actually a LIF adapter. According to other forums, this could do this job:
http://www.amazon.com/RunCore-Enclosure-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B0043090YA
I'm ordering one today and will post results.
http://www.amazon.com/RunCore-Enclosure-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B0043090YA
I'm ordering one today and will post results.
belvdr
Sep 28, 08:08 PM
Would you care to elaborate on this, and its security implications?
Also, if you modify your httpd.conf file (which *is* the best method, but rarely available in shared hosting environments), don't forget to restart Apache ;)
If the file is writable, it depends on the user who owns it. If it is writable by the user running the web server, someone might be able to write a shell script into that file. Now that it has execute privileges, it's not that far of a stretch to get it to execute.
A good rule of thumb is don't give any more permissions than are necessary. If it only needs to be readable, then there's no reason to give write or execute privileges. Many security incidents happen due to lax security. Don't be one of them.
Also, you're right on with the shared server piece. I didn't recognize that the original question was concerning a shared web server.
Also, if you modify your httpd.conf file (which *is* the best method, but rarely available in shared hosting environments), don't forget to restart Apache ;)
If the file is writable, it depends on the user who owns it. If it is writable by the user running the web server, someone might be able to write a shell script into that file. Now that it has execute privileges, it's not that far of a stretch to get it to execute.
A good rule of thumb is don't give any more permissions than are necessary. If it only needs to be readable, then there's no reason to give write or execute privileges. Many security incidents happen due to lax security. Don't be one of them.
Also, you're right on with the shared server piece. I didn't recognize that the original question was concerning a shared web server.
more...
hollerz
May 5, 07:33 AM
There should be a -1000 button for threads like these... Or - "Lowest Ranked".
Have some neg rep.
I lol'd!
Have some neg rep.
I lol'd!
trainguy77
Nov 11, 11:57 PM
So is anyone else using the beta besides me? It seems to run ok. Still needs work, for example it does not use all more cores to %100. It also uses ALOT of ram. Around 50 mb per core times 4. and thats real ram not including virtual. That alot of ram when you only have a GB. :(
I fold with Team MacOS X.
Would you be interested in switching? You user points stay with your.....besides macrumors is such a better team, we may not have as much output but we have GREAT forums that can't be beat.:D
I fold with Team MacOS X.
Would you be interested in switching? You user points stay with your.....besides macrumors is such a better team, we may not have as much output but we have GREAT forums that can't be beat.:D
more...
srl7741
Mar 24, 04:41 PM
I wish I could get the HP Ink Widget to work? Printer Drivers are nice but My Printer worked just fine prior to these new drivers.
I really want my Lil Widget back :(
I really want my Lil Widget back :(
ScoobyMcDoo
May 1, 08:40 PM
If your computers have been paired, then you should be able to see it in the bluetooth preferences pane.
more...
rdowns
Aug 25, 04:44 AM
Nice!
Damn, brings back memories. I was a reseller back in the day and had a lot of those things and got rid of them. I had on of these and gave it away. Facepalm.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/redlightrunner_2117_79884727
Damn, brings back memories. I was a reseller back in the day and had a lot of those things and got rid of them. I had on of these and gave it away. Facepalm.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/redlightrunner_2117_79884727
job
Oct 20, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
D'oh...silly me for taking it in context. :p
He's been doing some field work, last I heard. He still checks in occasionally.
speak of the devil...
he's online right now.
D'oh...silly me for taking it in context. :p
He's been doing some field work, last I heard. He still checks in occasionally.
speak of the devil...
he's online right now.
more...
svenr
Apr 24, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the replies! I'm a little surprised there's not one speaking up for Perl, but yeah, did some more research on my own and found this
http://strombergers.com/python/
The Cocoa bridges/runtime are not a concern to me as I don't want "to make decent Mac OSX apps" with GUI and everything, just some command line tools for my own use. But the examples at that link pushed me over to go with Python. To put together quick automation scripts every now and then, I don't want to deal with a steep learning curve. The Perl examples there looked just too cryptic to me.
http://strombergers.com/python/
The Cocoa bridges/runtime are not a concern to me as I don't want "to make decent Mac OSX apps" with GUI and everything, just some command line tools for my own use. But the examples at that link pushed me over to go with Python. To put together quick automation scripts every now and then, I don't want to deal with a steep learning curve. The Perl examples there looked just too cryptic to me.
iThinman
Mar 9, 09:45 AM
lol, who said the page file hack is no longer needed? Like a fool, I believed that comment and did the upgrade and re-jailbreak.
Yes, you no longer need the page file hack....if you enjoy going back to watching your tabs reload because iOS shut down your browser to provide memory to another app.
Can somebody please tell me that the page file hack still works on 4.2.1.
This things is basically useless to me without it.
Yes, you no longer need the page file hack....if you enjoy going back to watching your tabs reload because iOS shut down your browser to provide memory to another app.
Can somebody please tell me that the page file hack still works on 4.2.1.
This things is basically useless to me without it.
more...
angelwatt
Mar 13, 01:02 PM
Does do a what i want but removing my floats kinda makes a gap between the nav and sub nav. Though adding in some floats makes the sidebar move again so i'll need to sort out this gap.
You should be able to manage the gap with appropriate margin/padding on elements. I rarely find a need for floats. They have their uses of course, but I just tend not to use them preferably. It was probably caused by all of those IE6 float issues.
Anyways, if you update your demo page and explain the gap more precisely I can try to help you figure out a solution.
You should be able to manage the gap with appropriate margin/padding on elements. I rarely find a need for floats. They have their uses of course, but I just tend not to use them preferably. It was probably caused by all of those IE6 float issues.
Anyways, if you update your demo page and explain the gap more precisely I can try to help you figure out a solution.

Hastings101
Mar 8, 10:51 PM
While the 3D thing might not interest you, the 3DS is much more powerful than the current DSi, meaning much better graphic capabilities. So if you ever want to play anything other than Pokemon Black in the next couple of years you should wait for the 3DS.
If you're not really interested in gaming on the DS or doing anything other than Pokemon Black go ahead and save some money buying the DSi.
If you're not really interested in gaming on the DS or doing anything other than Pokemon Black go ahead and save some money buying the DSi.
jefhatfield
Jul 7, 10:31 AM
for my anniversary, i will post
as for kainjow, he is a member with 50 posts in a sea of early subscribers with 0 posts...he is quite easy to spot and he even made a post as late as this spring
he is around, but not that much
as for kainjow, he is a member with 50 posts in a sea of early subscribers with 0 posts...he is quite easy to spot and he even made a post as late as this spring
he is around, but not that much
obeygiant
Feb 24, 09:31 AM
Following a Flight Readiness Review today, NASA and Space Shuttle Program managers announced that space shuttle Discovery is ready to launch next week Thursday to finally send the STS-133 mission to the International Space Station. Launch is now scheduled for Feb. 24, at 4:50 p.m. EST. “We had a really thorough review today,” said William Gerstenmaier, NASA’s associate administrator for Space Operations. “Things are looking pretty good.”
The STS-133 crew will bring the Permanent Multipurpose Module (PMM) to the station. The PMM was converted from the multi-purpose logistics module Leonardo and will provide additional storage for the station crew. Later, experiments may be conducted in the module, in fields like fluid physics, materials science, biology and biotechnology.
The first human-like robot will also make the trip to the ISS. Robonaut 2 will become a permanent resident of the station. In addition, Discovery will bring critical spare parts and the Express Logistics Carrier 4, an external platform that holds large equipment.
Managers, engineers and contractors went over the detailed analysis and testing performed on the “stringer” or support beams of Discovery’s external fuel tank during the session and reviewed the repairs and modifications made.
Mike Moses, chairman of the Mission Management Team, described the fix as a “a big metal band-aid” to give the metal beams extra support.
The processes of the repairs and testing involved people throughout the agency and its centers, and the managers at today’s press conference lauded the teams.
“I can’t say enough about the work the teams have done,” Gerstenmaier said. “They’ve done just an outstanding job to get us to where we are now ready to launch.”
The crew also underwent a change recently when astronaut Steve Bowen was assigned to take the place of Tim Kopra who was injured in a bicycle accident.
“Overall the crew was in really good shape and felt really comfortable with this change,” said Moses.
The managers at the FRR approved the February 24 launch date even thought the European resupply ship – the ATV Johannes Kepler — is scheduled to dock at the space station just six hours before Discovery’s launch. Moses said they are confident the ATV will dock, but will be ready to modify the shuttle launch should there be any problems with the ATV.
“If they run into a problem in docking we will discuss the issue in real time,” Moses said at the press conference. “We still might launch that day, we might not, depending on the situation. But the space station program would really like to have the ATV docked during this mission.”
Discovery now sits on Launch Pad 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, ready for launch. The countdown will begin Monday at 3 p.m. “We’re in outstanding shape out at the pad,” said Mike Leinbach, shuttle launch director.link (http://www.universetoday.com/83419/nasa-sets-sts-133-launch-for-february-24/)
4:50 pm est if everything goes as planned.
2 more launches?
Date: April 19 +
Mission: STS-134
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Endeavour
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 7:48 p.m. EDT
STS-134 Description: Space shuttle Endeavour will deliver the Express Logistics Carrier-3 (ELC-3) and the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer (AMS) to the International Space Station.
Date: June 28 +
Mission: STS-135
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 3:48 p.m. EDT +
Description: Space shuttle Atlantis will carry the Raffaello multipurpose logistics module to deliver supplies, logistics and spare parts to the International Space Station. Atlantis also will fly a system to investigate the potential for robotically refueling existing spacecraft and return a failed ammonia pump module.
The STS-133 crew will bring the Permanent Multipurpose Module (PMM) to the station. The PMM was converted from the multi-purpose logistics module Leonardo and will provide additional storage for the station crew. Later, experiments may be conducted in the module, in fields like fluid physics, materials science, biology and biotechnology.
The first human-like robot will also make the trip to the ISS. Robonaut 2 will become a permanent resident of the station. In addition, Discovery will bring critical spare parts and the Express Logistics Carrier 4, an external platform that holds large equipment.
Managers, engineers and contractors went over the detailed analysis and testing performed on the “stringer” or support beams of Discovery’s external fuel tank during the session and reviewed the repairs and modifications made.
Mike Moses, chairman of the Mission Management Team, described the fix as a “a big metal band-aid” to give the metal beams extra support.
The processes of the repairs and testing involved people throughout the agency and its centers, and the managers at today’s press conference lauded the teams.
“I can’t say enough about the work the teams have done,” Gerstenmaier said. “They’ve done just an outstanding job to get us to where we are now ready to launch.”
The crew also underwent a change recently when astronaut Steve Bowen was assigned to take the place of Tim Kopra who was injured in a bicycle accident.
“Overall the crew was in really good shape and felt really comfortable with this change,” said Moses.
The managers at the FRR approved the February 24 launch date even thought the European resupply ship – the ATV Johannes Kepler — is scheduled to dock at the space station just six hours before Discovery’s launch. Moses said they are confident the ATV will dock, but will be ready to modify the shuttle launch should there be any problems with the ATV.
“If they run into a problem in docking we will discuss the issue in real time,” Moses said at the press conference. “We still might launch that day, we might not, depending on the situation. But the space station program would really like to have the ATV docked during this mission.”
Discovery now sits on Launch Pad 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, ready for launch. The countdown will begin Monday at 3 p.m. “We’re in outstanding shape out at the pad,” said Mike Leinbach, shuttle launch director.link (http://www.universetoday.com/83419/nasa-sets-sts-133-launch-for-february-24/)
4:50 pm est if everything goes as planned.
2 more launches?
Date: April 19 +
Mission: STS-134
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Endeavour
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 7:48 p.m. EDT
STS-134 Description: Space shuttle Endeavour will deliver the Express Logistics Carrier-3 (ELC-3) and the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer (AMS) to the International Space Station.
Date: June 28 +
Mission: STS-135
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 3:48 p.m. EDT +
Description: Space shuttle Atlantis will carry the Raffaello multipurpose logistics module to deliver supplies, logistics and spare parts to the International Space Station. Atlantis also will fly a system to investigate the potential for robotically refueling existing spacecraft and return a failed ammonia pump module.
idkew
Oct 22, 10:33 PM
i don't know if i think i am old school. while i have been around since i don't think i have contrubuted to MR as much as some...
i don't feel near as close to the "crew" as it seems that eye an v and jello... are.
i don't feel near as close to the "crew" as it seems that eye an v and jello... are.
Stella
Oct 20, 10:02 PM
Its great that Apple are still updating Java... however, no news regarding Java 7... Hoping that Java 7 doesn't appear too long after official releases on other platforms.
Slip
Jan 17, 01:37 PM
Ahh, free stuff at events, really caps off the day :rolleyes:
sam12345-2008
May 3, 09:19 AM
Are you using the Bluetooth keyboard? That won't work with Windows XP setup. You'll need to have a wired one hooked up until after the Bootcamp drivers are installed. If you only need one program, though, you might be better off with Parallels or VMWare Fusion so that you can continue doing tasks on the Mac OS at the same time.
Parallels or Fusion it doesn't seem worth it price wise for me, not just for the one program anyway.
I have a pretty high spec Windows laptop that is used solely for this program, but it seems such a waste, and its hassle having to start that every time I need to update the data base.
Now my keyboards working again lol (it is a bluetooth one), I have the option of booting windows on start up but its the same black screen as before. I must have done something wrong, but i'm struggling to find what! It can't be the keyboard at this stage can it?
Parallels or Fusion it doesn't seem worth it price wise for me, not just for the one program anyway.
I have a pretty high spec Windows laptop that is used solely for this program, but it seems such a waste, and its hassle having to start that every time I need to update the data base.
Now my keyboards working again lol (it is a bluetooth one), I have the option of booting windows on start up but its the same black screen as before. I must have done something wrong, but i'm struggling to find what! It can't be the keyboard at this stage can it?