SyncFx
Apr 5, 03:20 PM
Forgot where I got this =/
http://i52.tinypic.com/v2ur8y.png
http://i52.tinypic.com/v2ur8y.png
simsaladimbamba
May 3, 11:43 AM
That depends on the design of the display housing. As Apple currently employs tapering, the bezel will be a bit thicker, though the 17" MBP has a very small bezel already.
Or look at the older MBPs and PowerBooks. It is possible, even 5mm or less is possible, but the tapering has to be taken away or the edge thickness will be thicker.
Or look at the older MBPs and PowerBooks. It is possible, even 5mm or less is possible, but the tapering has to be taken away or the edge thickness will be thicker.
arimp
Oct 12, 03:38 PM
What do you think of this...?
http://www.cherryos.com
Emulating MacOS X on Windows at G4 speed....for $50
Too good to be true, me thinks
http://www.cherryos.com
Emulating MacOS X on Windows at G4 speed....for $50
Too good to be true, me thinks
Banjhiyi
Mar 31, 10:47 AM
We will we be getting the full Adobe experience with this, such as having to re-install the OS each time an upgrade or patch is released?
;)
;)
more...
sux2beyou
Nov 19, 09:06 PM
Rule # 1 of slickdeals, never call (or email in this case).
Wait, what forum is this?
As someone whom runs a store that has been "slickdeal"'d in the past, and as a frequent member, I know what kind of volume that (and the 100s of other websites that posted this deal) can generate. I am sure more the 10 million people had the potential to see this deal, and bought these iPads. You have no worries. They are gone and not coming back in stock at those store. You missed out.
I tried to rep you, but we are on the wrong forum.
Wait, what forum is this?
As someone whom runs a store that has been "slickdeal"'d in the past, and as a frequent member, I know what kind of volume that (and the 100s of other websites that posted this deal) can generate. I am sure more the 10 million people had the potential to see this deal, and bought these iPads. You have no worries. They are gone and not coming back in stock at those store. You missed out.
I tried to rep you, but we are on the wrong forum.
KiraDouji
May 3, 01:41 AM
The question asked of heterosexuals =/= asked gay and bisexual men. The risk factor for straight people is risky sex, the risk factor asked for gay men is not risky sex, but sex at all - even once. Its not the same thing. If there was no bigotry behind the question it would be raised this way to all, no matter what orientation "have you had unprotected sex with more than one partner in the last 5 years, if yes have you been tested for HIV?"
This. About ten million times. :apple:
This. About ten million times. :apple:
more...
Felldownthewell
Nov 20, 07:29 PM
I wonder, assuming this device ever does come out, could/would apple release two versions (CDMA and quad GSM) and then let you select which carrier's software to download to the phone (either at home, on the online order page, or in the store)? This would be far simpler than having either a just-gsm or just-CDMA phone and more cost effective than a dual radio version on which you choose which carrier/radio to use (which I believe was suggested earlier in the thread)...
That way, Apple could continue to sell the product through their own their rather huge network of stores and online. They could also have two versions, a "pro" (treo/HTC/Blackberry-esque QWERTY device w/ MS office integration and Mail/Outlook e-mail push) and a "consumer" (music-centric, smaller, no QWERTY), in keeping witht he rest of their lineup of products. Just a thought.
That way, Apple could continue to sell the product through their own their rather huge network of stores and online. They could also have two versions, a "pro" (treo/HTC/Blackberry-esque QWERTY device w/ MS office integration and Mail/Outlook e-mail push) and a "consumer" (music-centric, smaller, no QWERTY), in keeping witht he rest of their lineup of products. Just a thought.
Paul Graham
Feb 3, 04:44 PM
Will post in a minute, But first being a mac virgin lol....
1. How do I take a screenshot/save?
2. I would like to change my dock and the taskbar but unsure how. Im on an eMac G4 running OSX 10.5.8 Leopard....
P.s. You all have awesome looking desktops ;)
1. How do I take a screenshot/save?
2. I would like to change my dock and the taskbar but unsure how. Im on an eMac G4 running OSX 10.5.8 Leopard....
P.s. You all have awesome looking desktops ;)
more...
channelinspire
Apr 5, 12:12 PM
I love that wallpaper! Any clues as to where it's from?
I love it too. Cracks me up. :)
I got it from here.
http://animals.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/19420/
It was pixelated on the 27" iMac so I just created a new pic with the same BG color in the correct size and then added the picture int he middle. I can upload it if you need it.
I love it too. Cracks me up. :)
I got it from here.
http://animals.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/19420/
It was pixelated on the 27" iMac so I just created a new pic with the same BG color in the correct size and then added the picture int he middle. I can upload it if you need it.
bit density
Nov 29, 11:59 AM
The ipods do not have enough individuality/functionality to do this, without changing the entire underlying scheme. (Generally they fix this in Itunes).
What they do is prevent unwitting individuals to participate easily in large scale piracy, but allow local piracy.
This tends to INCREASE sales, not DECREASE sales. Local piracy creates obligation and requires work. Both of these create demand for legal product interestingly enough. (Large scale piracy does nothing for demand, but DRM does not affect large scale piracy).
At anyrate, the apple system is well done, the movie folks should just take thier money, and I suppose complain loudly, but just take the money
What they do is prevent unwitting individuals to participate easily in large scale piracy, but allow local piracy.
This tends to INCREASE sales, not DECREASE sales. Local piracy creates obligation and requires work. Both of these create demand for legal product interestingly enough. (Large scale piracy does nothing for demand, but DRM does not affect large scale piracy).
At anyrate, the apple system is well done, the movie folks should just take thier money, and I suppose complain loudly, but just take the money
more...
zap2
May 4, 11:51 PM
It would simply indicate a failure of intelligence, and would invalidate any trial evidence. His death is meaningless anyway.
Who wants retribution? Your country has just destroyed two other nations and caused the deaths of in the region of a million people, including 4,000 US soldiers, and more or less bankrupted itself, all for what, 3,000 dead, in a search for one man? Is that retribution, or is it lunacy? How many more people now want retribution on the USA?
You're over play that part, I agree generally with what you are saying(although the million estimate is on the higher end, its not without sources) but America had NOT bankrupted itself, it just needs to cut spending, a lot.
But thats not all because of 9/11, we just did balance the budget well overall, both on spending at home and spending internationally.
Actually he was just on O'Reilly claiming that statement was taken out of context, and stating plain as day that KSM was waterboarded by the CIA.
Just give a link, please. That way we all have access to the same info, and we can all talk about it equally
Right now, no one can argue with you because they only have your short hand story, where you narrow it down only to support your point, thats not wrong, its just not a useful starting point.
Who wants retribution? Your country has just destroyed two other nations and caused the deaths of in the region of a million people, including 4,000 US soldiers, and more or less bankrupted itself, all for what, 3,000 dead, in a search for one man? Is that retribution, or is it lunacy? How many more people now want retribution on the USA?
You're over play that part, I agree generally with what you are saying(although the million estimate is on the higher end, its not without sources) but America had NOT bankrupted itself, it just needs to cut spending, a lot.
But thats not all because of 9/11, we just did balance the budget well overall, both on spending at home and spending internationally.
Actually he was just on O'Reilly claiming that statement was taken out of context, and stating plain as day that KSM was waterboarded by the CIA.
Just give a link, please. That way we all have access to the same info, and we can all talk about it equally
Right now, no one can argue with you because they only have your short hand story, where you narrow it down only to support your point, thats not wrong, its just not a useful starting point.
ritchey555
Oct 19, 08:14 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=370400
more...
studentmac
Apr 5, 02:35 AM
I thought Duc would have had the front end washing out issue solved by now...
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5132/5590919466_ac43bb7e73_b.jpg
Could I get a link to this picture please?
The front end issues will likely continue for most of the season, it seems to be a trait with the bike, not a setup problem.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5132/5590919466_ac43bb7e73_b.jpg
Could I get a link to this picture please?
The front end issues will likely continue for most of the season, it seems to be a trait with the bike, not a setup problem.
citizenzen
Mar 20, 12:31 PM
I send out a lot of resumes but no real nibbles yet.
Don't send out resumes. Put together a portfolio and arrange a meeting.
Tell them you're the best thing since sliced bread, and you'll do anything (almost ;)) to prove it to them. I wouldn't give a resume a second glance, but could easily spend 15 minutes looking over an aspiring designer's work.
If your work is good and you present it and yourself well, it should be enough to get your foot in the door somewhere. Be prepared to discuss your decision making process in detail.
Don't send out resumes. Put together a portfolio and arrange a meeting.
Tell them you're the best thing since sliced bread, and you'll do anything (almost ;)) to prove it to them. I wouldn't give a resume a second glance, but could easily spend 15 minutes looking over an aspiring designer's work.
If your work is good and you present it and yourself well, it should be enough to get your foot in the door somewhere. Be prepared to discuss your decision making process in detail.
more...
Moyank24
Apr 24, 12:44 AM
This is how I feel about this whole "gay" thing.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+18&version=NIV
Verse 22
How very original.
Good luck getting through life with some 2000 year old book doing your thinking for you.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+18&version=NIV
Verse 22
How very original.
Good luck getting through life with some 2000 year old book doing your thinking for you.
blakespot
Apr 13, 06:32 PM
http://www.bytecellar.com/2011/04/13/a-trove-of-apple-promo-videos-from-the-80s-and-90s/
Enjoy.
blakespot
Enjoy.
blakespot
more...
JamietheMac
Sep 7, 12:27 PM
http://a.imageshack.us/img251/2241/458345.jpg
i love this anychance of a link to the original ?
i love this anychance of a link to the original ?
fel10
Apr 8, 08:03 PM
Got a link for that?
Cheers :)
There you go
http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/728612
Cheers :)
There you go
http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/728612
elbirth
Jan 9, 03:11 PM
This keynote was a huge letdown for me. Sure I think the iPhone looks amazing and it has me considering a switch to Cingular to get one.
When I saw that the keynote was going to be 2 hours this time, I was super stoked. I just knew it was going to be jam-packed with new products, speed bumps on the computer lines, demos of leopard and iLife, etc. he spent 2 WHOLE HOURS talking about 2 products. I simply can't believe that. I know Steve wants to pimp out the iPhone as much as possible, but come on. Where was the "one more thing", etc? Sure there were really 3 things with the airport basestation being thrown in there without an announcement, but NOTHING that was discussed is available for immediate shipping.
I've been anticipating this for months since the announcement of quad core processors in hopes of getting an 8 core Mac Pro on order today. I've been saving up and keeping my credit clear just for that purchase and I've been extremely disappointed.
My only hope now is that since the quad cores are being released this week that they'll do a refresh soon down the line.
When I saw that the keynote was going to be 2 hours this time, I was super stoked. I just knew it was going to be jam-packed with new products, speed bumps on the computer lines, demos of leopard and iLife, etc. he spent 2 WHOLE HOURS talking about 2 products. I simply can't believe that. I know Steve wants to pimp out the iPhone as much as possible, but come on. Where was the "one more thing", etc? Sure there were really 3 things with the airport basestation being thrown in there without an announcement, but NOTHING that was discussed is available for immediate shipping.
I've been anticipating this for months since the announcement of quad core processors in hopes of getting an 8 core Mac Pro on order today. I've been saving up and keeping my credit clear just for that purchase and I've been extremely disappointed.
My only hope now is that since the quad cores are being released this week that they'll do a refresh soon down the line.
mad jew
Sep 24, 06:47 PM
Just buy him some condoms and tell him to keep it down.
It's hardly gonna stay down, is it. ;)
Oh, and by 18, the kid really should be old enough and responsible enough to be able to sleep over at his girlfriend's place. As other have said, they'll have sex irrespective of whether they are allowed to sleep at each other's houses. :)
It's hardly gonna stay down, is it. ;)
Oh, and by 18, the kid really should be old enough and responsible enough to be able to sleep over at his girlfriend's place. As other have said, they'll have sex irrespective of whether they are allowed to sleep at each other's houses. :)
JeremyWesley
Apr 4, 11:39 AM
This site doesn't mention a 8 GB 3GS but its clear from the apple store that the product does exist.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939
Sounds like someone needs to update this at apple.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939
Sounds like someone needs to update this at apple.
C14ru5
Sep 27, 02:08 AM
I have .Mac, but I probably won't be using this feature, disregarding some rare exceptions.
The reason: I prefer using the old Apple paradigm of "one application - one task". Yeah, I know, I like my habits from the outdated old century. I've never completely felt comfortable with web applications, since they don't have keyboard shortcuts that are analogous to the rest of the system. But with more and more applications moving to the web, I admit that I'm fighting a losing battle.
Yes, I'm aware that gmail and .mac have well-functioning autosave features, but that doesn't comfort me well when I try to move to the beginning of a line using command-leftarrow and end up wasting my concentration on the whole "gah! my document disappeared!"-idea. And I haven't even begun talking about command-Q�
Visionaries have been talking about the browser replacing the OS as our main UI for many years, but I still don't think the conventions are mature enough for [me, at least] to do my serious tasks in browsers - yet.
The reason: I prefer using the old Apple paradigm of "one application - one task". Yeah, I know, I like my habits from the outdated old century. I've never completely felt comfortable with web applications, since they don't have keyboard shortcuts that are analogous to the rest of the system. But with more and more applications moving to the web, I admit that I'm fighting a losing battle.
Yes, I'm aware that gmail and .mac have well-functioning autosave features, but that doesn't comfort me well when I try to move to the beginning of a line using command-leftarrow and end up wasting my concentration on the whole "gah! my document disappeared!"-idea. And I haven't even begun talking about command-Q�
Visionaries have been talking about the browser replacing the OS as our main UI for many years, but I still don't think the conventions are mature enough for [me, at least] to do my serious tasks in browsers - yet.
nmrrjw66
Jun 11, 12:55 PM
I just DL'd the demo for Earth Worm Jim and it is awesome. I just wanted to give people a heads up that this was released in case anyone loved this game years ago. It has 4 player co-op but I'm not sure how it works.
doubleusn
Apr 28, 09:26 AM
If you consider the details this is of no surprise.
1) Too many still on contract to switch given the release date of the vPhone.
2) Too many see it as full $ for older tech as the next iPhone should be soon.
I honestly think that the iPhone4 will still sell well as it is about to become, what the 3GS is now... the 2nd tier less $$ option. As people come off contracts or their subsidy becomes avail again, people will switch, and the non early adopter types will be happy with a less $ iPhone4 option.
You never know with Apple, but you have to wonder if they will just drop an iPhone4S in June and then we will see LTE next year as Tim Cook said the chips still draw too much power.
An iPhone4S with A5, more mem, 3.7 display, and maybe dual mode, will be be enough for the 3GS crowd coming out of contract and the original iPhone4 will make money on the value shoppers who want an iPhone.
I think the next iPhone, regardless of name (5 or 4S) will just be an iPhone4 with an A5, 3.7 screen, etc as LTE chips still draw too much power and are too big, and Apple can still make money using the same case with a 4/4S line up.
1) Too many still on contract to switch given the release date of the vPhone.
2) Too many see it as full $ for older tech as the next iPhone should be soon.
I honestly think that the iPhone4 will still sell well as it is about to become, what the 3GS is now... the 2nd tier less $$ option. As people come off contracts or their subsidy becomes avail again, people will switch, and the non early adopter types will be happy with a less $ iPhone4 option.
You never know with Apple, but you have to wonder if they will just drop an iPhone4S in June and then we will see LTE next year as Tim Cook said the chips still draw too much power.
An iPhone4S with A5, more mem, 3.7 display, and maybe dual mode, will be be enough for the 3GS crowd coming out of contract and the original iPhone4 will make money on the value shoppers who want an iPhone.
I think the next iPhone, regardless of name (5 or 4S) will just be an iPhone4 with an A5, 3.7 screen, etc as LTE chips still draw too much power and are too big, and Apple can still make money using the same case with a 4/4S line up.