magicjames92
Aug 20, 03:13 PM
Must be $400 or less.
i was hoping for 8gb.
i was hoping for 8gb.
GGJstudios
May 6, 06:47 PM
As an alternative, you can check out the effects available in Photo Booth (assuming you can gather family in front of your Mac for the picture).
ortuno2k
Jan 9, 04:09 PM
I was dissapointed, very dissapointed that there was no word on a new version of iWork, iLife and Leopard.
While the iPhone looks really nice, I could really care-less about one of them. The iTV...err, Apple TV doesn't catch my attention much either.
Overall 4/10 for the products released (I was expecting more), 8/10 for innovation.
While the iPhone looks really nice, I could really care-less about one of them. The iTV...err, Apple TV doesn't catch my attention much either.
Overall 4/10 for the products released (I was expecting more), 8/10 for innovation.
liamkp
Jun 21, 08:59 PM
RebelTouch.
Vaja if you can afford it-theyre ridiculous.
Vaja if you can afford it-theyre ridiculous.
more...
untypoed
Apr 12, 05:50 PM
Latest
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1003206/Screenshot%20%E2%80%A2%20Preview/DayPreview.png (http://Skorpion24.deviantart.com/art/A-Day-In-The-Sky-204591299)
Bleh I'm not a huge fan of those little boxes when people post their wallpaper.
Love to see the dock and icons.
Know who's the dirtiest. ;)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1003206/Screenshot%20%E2%80%A2%20Preview/DayPreview.png (http://Skorpion24.deviantart.com/art/A-Day-In-The-Sky-204591299)
Bleh I'm not a huge fan of those little boxes when people post their wallpaper.
Love to see the dock and icons.
Know who's the dirtiest. ;)

Danzsupreme
Sep 22, 02:40 PM
I just got a jazz drive but its scsi, how can i get a cheap converter like under $50 buxs to use on my powerbook
more...
tbobmccoy
May 2, 04:31 PM
I don't think the person you are responding to was equating homosexuality with anything. If you've ever given blood, which I have many times, you would know that you have to fill out a form every time which asks you questions based on high-risk behaviors, including sex-for-money, intravenous drug use, and male-to-male sex. They are in no way equated.
Except that the question "male to male sex" is discriminatory. It doesn't ask you "received anal sex", it asks you about your sexual orientation. Plain and simple, discriminatory and non-scientific because male-to-female sex has the exact same risks.
Except that the question "male to male sex" is discriminatory. It doesn't ask you "received anal sex", it asks you about your sexual orientation. Plain and simple, discriminatory and non-scientific because male-to-female sex has the exact same risks.
SteveAbootman
Apr 3, 09:49 AM
Really liked how this turned out.
Original - Source (http://www.deviantart.com/download/203367387/concept_by_relhom-d3d2va3.jpg)
Original - Source (http://www.deviantart.com/download/203367387/concept_by_relhom-d3d2va3.jpg)
more...
taxiapple
Apr 4, 11:58 PM
Sorry if this posted in the wrong forum, I'm not sure where to post it.
Starting today I'm getting an annoying popup only on Macrumors
It's kinda purpleish, doesn't make sense, say's "collective media" on the first line. No Idea what it is but I don't like it.
If this stays, I will frequent Macrumors far less.
How do I stop it?
Actually it is not just on Macrumors , also happening on CNN.com
Starting today I'm getting an annoying popup only on Macrumors
It's kinda purpleish, doesn't make sense, say's "collective media" on the first line. No Idea what it is but I don't like it.
If this stays, I will frequent Macrumors far less.
How do I stop it?
Actually it is not just on Macrumors , also happening on CNN.com
Thnkdifferent
Mar 4, 01:14 AM
I really like the concept HP has done with their up coming slate/Pre integration. Being able to respond to a text while on my iPad would be awesome. Anyone hear of an app that can do this? If not lets get one going :)
more...
lmalave
Nov 21, 12:50 PM
this conversation to me sounded more like we were talking about the iPhone2 or whatever needing NEW FEATURES to make it stand out from the crowd even more. i agree that the iPod interface would make the phone experience more familiar to a lot of people and the mp3 player portion much much better then all the mp3 phones out all ready, but its not something new that the other mp3 phones don't already do.
does that make sense?
Let me ask you this: besides the scroll wheel, what has Apple ever done on the iPod that is new? It was not the first mp3 player. It was not the first hard-drive based player. It was not the first player to offer photo browsing. It was not the first player to offer video playing. It was not the first player to offer games. Well, you get the idea.
So the iPod has never been about offering different features. Rather, the iPod success story has been based on different things: 1) elegance/ease of use, 2) smaller/cooler design, 3) "hipness" factor.
I don't see why Apple couldnt leverage all 3 of the above for the iPhone.
1) Apple could make the iPhone easier to use than other phones. Nokia and SonyEricsson already have pretty decent user interfaces, but Apple could still top them. Again, it's a matter of degree and Apple tends to get the little details "right". Plus Apple's solution for synching with the computer will probably more seamless than with any other phone
2) Apple has proven to be extremely adept at miniaturization. Ask yourself this: why hasn't someone made a 15.4" laptop that is 1" thin and weighs only 5.6 lbs like the MBP? Why is no other 30 GB or 80 GB MP3 player as thin and light as the iPods? With both its Macs and iPods, Apple has proven that one of its strenghts is putting consumer electronics in a tiny, appealing package. I expect the same from the iPhone.
3) The Apple brand is still quite potent. If Moto could sell so many of their craptacular RAZR phones based on "coolness factors" alone and very other redeeming features, can you imagine what Apple and its marketing machine could do with the iPhone? The mind staggers.
...and that's why the numbers we're hearing through the grapevine are 10-15 million iPhones sold by the end of 2007 alone. I think those kind of numbers are pretty spot-on.
does that make sense?
Let me ask you this: besides the scroll wheel, what has Apple ever done on the iPod that is new? It was not the first mp3 player. It was not the first hard-drive based player. It was not the first player to offer photo browsing. It was not the first player to offer video playing. It was not the first player to offer games. Well, you get the idea.
So the iPod has never been about offering different features. Rather, the iPod success story has been based on different things: 1) elegance/ease of use, 2) smaller/cooler design, 3) "hipness" factor.
I don't see why Apple couldnt leverage all 3 of the above for the iPhone.
1) Apple could make the iPhone easier to use than other phones. Nokia and SonyEricsson already have pretty decent user interfaces, but Apple could still top them. Again, it's a matter of degree and Apple tends to get the little details "right". Plus Apple's solution for synching with the computer will probably more seamless than with any other phone
2) Apple has proven to be extremely adept at miniaturization. Ask yourself this: why hasn't someone made a 15.4" laptop that is 1" thin and weighs only 5.6 lbs like the MBP? Why is no other 30 GB or 80 GB MP3 player as thin and light as the iPods? With both its Macs and iPods, Apple has proven that one of its strenghts is putting consumer electronics in a tiny, appealing package. I expect the same from the iPhone.
3) The Apple brand is still quite potent. If Moto could sell so many of their craptacular RAZR phones based on "coolness factors" alone and very other redeeming features, can you imagine what Apple and its marketing machine could do with the iPhone? The mind staggers.
...and that's why the numbers we're hearing through the grapevine are 10-15 million iPhones sold by the end of 2007 alone. I think those kind of numbers are pretty spot-on.
Multimedia
Jul 26, 07:06 PM
I hope this means we will see HDMI out on the next MacBook Pros. I really want to be able to use my soon-to-be-had MacBook Pro Core2Duo as a media center too. With that said, here's to hoping the new MBPs have HDMI and the ability to output Dolby PLII and at least 1080i. My current 1.25ghz G4 book chokes on 720p so I never hook it up to my plasma HDTV.
Added:
I'm still not convinced that Blu Ray is going to beat out HD-DVD.Man you need EyeTV2 with an EyeTV 500 Digital Broadcast reccorder. You don't need no stinkin HDMI and it plays beautiful 1080p on any 24" Apple or Dell Display from your 1.25GHz G4 without choking at all.
Added:
I'm still not convinced that Blu Ray is going to beat out HD-DVD.Man you need EyeTV2 with an EyeTV 500 Digital Broadcast reccorder. You don't need no stinkin HDMI and it plays beautiful 1080p on any 24" Apple or Dell Display from your 1.25GHz G4 without choking at all.
more...
mac.rumors
Sep 7, 01:10 PM
It's because very few countries were in September and now nearly 24 hours later, most, if not all countries, are in September.
Anyhow onto topic :)
Took this one nearly 24 hours ago. It's an awesome screenshot of Batman from the Dark Knight (which I should hopefully get on Blu-ray soon, already have the movie in my iTunes library :D)
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/1262/batmana.jpg (http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5894/attachmentb.jpg)
and this was taken minutes ago. It's a still of Michael Jackson doing the awesome (and famous?) anti-gravity lean :)
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/264/screenshot20100901at753.jpg (http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/264/screenshot20100901at753.jpg)
Two AWESOME wallpapers, especially the MJ antigravity one!!
Anyhow onto topic :)
Took this one nearly 24 hours ago. It's an awesome screenshot of Batman from the Dark Knight (which I should hopefully get on Blu-ray soon, already have the movie in my iTunes library :D)
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/1262/batmana.jpg (http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5894/attachmentb.jpg)
and this was taken minutes ago. It's a still of Michael Jackson doing the awesome (and famous?) anti-gravity lean :)
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/264/screenshot20100901at753.jpg (http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/264/screenshot20100901at753.jpg)
Two AWESOME wallpapers, especially the MJ antigravity one!!
manu chao
Apr 4, 11:31 AM
What are you talking about? It's enabling choice. Customers have a choice to send their personal data to FT. Before, they did not.
Yeah, right. Could I see please a screenshot where I can opt in and out of such things in iOS, including Apple collecting my location information? I am sure it is somewhere, I just have a tad more trouble finding it compared to FT's example.
Yeah, right. Could I see please a screenshot where I can opt in and out of such things in iOS, including Apple collecting my location information? I am sure it is somewhere, I just have a tad more trouble finding it compared to FT's example.
more...
benjooles
Dec 20, 03:05 PM
Hi All
I have managed to get the attention of the head if IT for the company I work for (a global engineering consultancy), regarding the companies plans to include macs as part of our IT infrastructure in the near future. We currently use windows XP on all machines connected to our network, so I figure an upgrade of the network must be coming sometime soon. At the moment there are no plans to even consider macs in the near future.
I would really like some good arguments to put to him regarding why mac's should be allowed on our company network and should form part of our IT systems.
So far I have come across articles suggesting that he should evaluate TCO, Security and downtime - But some decent studies along these lines would be good to send to him - or some applicable examples of how macs have been integrated into windows networks of greater than 2000 end clients.
Any suggestions, links or arguments that I could put to him would be great.
Thanks for the help.
Ben
I have managed to get the attention of the head if IT for the company I work for (a global engineering consultancy), regarding the companies plans to include macs as part of our IT infrastructure in the near future. We currently use windows XP on all machines connected to our network, so I figure an upgrade of the network must be coming sometime soon. At the moment there are no plans to even consider macs in the near future.
I would really like some good arguments to put to him regarding why mac's should be allowed on our company network and should form part of our IT systems.
So far I have come across articles suggesting that he should evaluate TCO, Security and downtime - But some decent studies along these lines would be good to send to him - or some applicable examples of how macs have been integrated into windows networks of greater than 2000 end clients.
Any suggestions, links or arguments that I could put to him would be great.
Thanks for the help.
Ben
mymemory
Jul 23, 09:37 AM
Ok, I can't download this quicktime, it is very funny and heavy but I need help. I have quicktime pro.
http://www.fundacion.telefonica.com/at/rlh/video/bodymovies.html
Thanx
http://www.fundacion.telefonica.com/at/rlh/video/bodymovies.html
Thanx
more...
iJohnHenry
Mar 20, 10:32 AM
No. If you take a life, you get to sit in a small dark room for 23,5 out of 24 hours of each day for the rest of your life. You will not be able to kill yourself, you will have to endure the absolute solitude. (EDIT: This is pretty much only for premeditated stuff, if you ask me)
Why?
A rope, chair and ceiling hook should be provided, on the chance that you don't like the accomodations.
Even one example of someone being killed by the state for something they did not do invalidates the whole edifice of capital punishment.
Yes, we've been over this ground before.
See, you're winning me over. ;)
Why?
A rope, chair and ceiling hook should be provided, on the chance that you don't like the accomodations.
Even one example of someone being killed by the state for something they did not do invalidates the whole edifice of capital punishment.
Yes, we've been over this ground before.
See, you're winning me over. ;)
w_parietti22
Sep 24, 08:19 PM
I walked in on mine.
:eek: I would be scared for life!!! :eek:
:eek: I would be scared for life!!! :eek:

sux2beyou
Nov 19, 09:06 PM
Rule # 1 of slickdeals, never call (or email in this case).
Wait, what forum is this?
As someone whom runs a store that has been "slickdeal"'d in the past, and as a frequent member, I know what kind of volume that (and the 100s of other websites that posted this deal) can generate. I am sure more the 10 million people had the potential to see this deal, and bought these iPads. You have no worries. They are gone and not coming back in stock at those store. You missed out.
I tried to rep you, but we are on the wrong forum.
Wait, what forum is this?
As someone whom runs a store that has been "slickdeal"'d in the past, and as a frequent member, I know what kind of volume that (and the 100s of other websites that posted this deal) can generate. I am sure more the 10 million people had the potential to see this deal, and bought these iPads. You have no worries. They are gone and not coming back in stock at those store. You missed out.
I tried to rep you, but we are on the wrong forum.
whiteangel
Nov 10, 11:26 AM
Growl (http://growl.info) is a global notification system for Mac OS X. Any application can send a notification to Growl, which will display an attractive message on your screen.
Try it! Its free and from the makers of Adium and you'll love it!
I use it to notify me of iTunes track changes, new mail and Adium notifications.
Try it! Its free and from the makers of Adium and you'll love it!
I use it to notify me of iTunes track changes, new mail and Adium notifications.
JoeG4
Jan 10, 10:01 PM
I don't care for the front end, but I think it's an improvement. Call me crazy? We're not talking about the Passat CC here, but the one that looks like a Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, Pontiac G8, or another half dozen other cars on the road with almost the exact same body shape.
It's not that great anyway, the front sucks - it looks way too cheap and undignified for a car of that size, eh whatever.
I wish car manufacturers would try harder to make their cars look DIFFERENT instead of the same. Yes, I'm a car nerd and I know the difference between a VW and a Honda, but what's scary is Honda doesn't want you to know - **** look at Hyundai, they want you to see the Genesis and think it's a BMW.. that's DUMB!
So yea, I do see where they're coming from, but the body lines are cleaner and the back door treatment looks a LOT better (they stole it from Audi, for sure) than the giant hoffmeister kink and straight diagonal line down the side.
As for the new Civic, look at the pieces of platsic/metal they used in between the glass to make em smaller/squarer - it appears they're trying to cut costs in order to make up for the 'expensive' interior. Yep, that's what car design is coming down to - people want fancy interiors and don't care what the outside of the car looks like.
I kinda like what they did with the sedan, but I hate the hoffmeister kink. It started on Fords in the 50s (I think), and just like flame surfacing was copied by BMW, and should've stayed with BMW lol.
It's not that great anyway, the front sucks - it looks way too cheap and undignified for a car of that size, eh whatever.
I wish car manufacturers would try harder to make their cars look DIFFERENT instead of the same. Yes, I'm a car nerd and I know the difference between a VW and a Honda, but what's scary is Honda doesn't want you to know - **** look at Hyundai, they want you to see the Genesis and think it's a BMW.. that's DUMB!
So yea, I do see where they're coming from, but the body lines are cleaner and the back door treatment looks a LOT better (they stole it from Audi, for sure) than the giant hoffmeister kink and straight diagonal line down the side.
As for the new Civic, look at the pieces of platsic/metal they used in between the glass to make em smaller/squarer - it appears they're trying to cut costs in order to make up for the 'expensive' interior. Yep, that's what car design is coming down to - people want fancy interiors and don't care what the outside of the car looks like.
I kinda like what they did with the sedan, but I hate the hoffmeister kink. It started on Fords in the 50s (I think), and just like flame surfacing was copied by BMW, and should've stayed with BMW lol.
Consultant
Mar 25, 10:40 AM
That'll be great. It's not been improved much since its introduction.
For example, it has no bicycle route.
I think google has a lock on the map thing. I can't see apple employees driving around remapping the world to get their own data base
Google limits ability to use maps for navigation.
There are other options though.
For example, it has no bicycle route.
I think google has a lock on the map thing. I can't see apple employees driving around remapping the world to get their own data base
Google limits ability to use maps for navigation.
There are other options though.
true777
May 2, 09:56 PM
In addition to giving blood and/or platelets I encourage everyone to register as a stem cell donor. Nowadays stem cell donation is quick and virtually painless, and you can save the life of a desperately ill person whose illness can be eradicated with just a few vials of your life-saving stem cells.
http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/Join_Now/join_now.html
Stem cell donors are urgently needed, there is a huge shortage and long wait lists from patients who are dying. I have a complex blood plasma cancer and might need a stem cell donor at some point in the future to save my life. Please register, it only takes a few minutes. The chance you will ever actually be needed as a donor is small (you'd have to be a perfect match on many blood criteria), and if you are contacted you can still refuse, so you are not committing to anything just by signing up.
http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/Join_Now/join_now.html
Stem cell donors are urgently needed, there is a huge shortage and long wait lists from patients who are dying. I have a complex blood plasma cancer and might need a stem cell donor at some point in the future to save my life. Please register, it only takes a few minutes. The chance you will ever actually be needed as a donor is small (you'd have to be a perfect match on many blood criteria), and if you are contacted you can still refuse, so you are not committing to anything just by signing up.
bigrobb
Aug 12, 10:14 PM
here is mine