stirfries
12-01 06:28 PM
Hello,
My case is unique. We applied for our AP(for both myself and my spouse) through our Attorney on October 21st and the online case status for our AP petitions changed to,
"Document Production or Oath Ceremony" on November 16th.
Our case notes also said,
"On November 16, 2009 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".
It has been 12 Postal business days since the document was mailed out and our Attorney is yet to receive it.
Today I called up USCIS customer service enquiring about my petition. I was told by the CSR that, the "Document Production" doesn't necessarily mean that the document was sent out. It merely means that the Petition was approved and they have moved on to the next step of "Producing" / "Printing" the actual document and once it is produced/printed, it would be mailed out. She also asked me to call them back, 30 days after November 16th, if I still didn't receive the documents.
Whatever the CSR said, contradicts the case notes which clearly says, the Document was mailed out.
Any advises on what I should do?
I have an upcoming Travel by last week of December and I would really like to have my AP document on hand before I exit out of the the country.
Any clues or advises would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
My case is unique. We applied for our AP(for both myself and my spouse) through our Attorney on October 21st and the online case status for our AP petitions changed to,
"Document Production or Oath Ceremony" on November 16th.
Our case notes also said,
"On November 16, 2009 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".
It has been 12 Postal business days since the document was mailed out and our Attorney is yet to receive it.
Today I called up USCIS customer service enquiring about my petition. I was told by the CSR that, the "Document Production" doesn't necessarily mean that the document was sent out. It merely means that the Petition was approved and they have moved on to the next step of "Producing" / "Printing" the actual document and once it is produced/printed, it would be mailed out. She also asked me to call them back, 30 days after November 16th, if I still didn't receive the documents.
Whatever the CSR said, contradicts the case notes which clearly says, the Document was mailed out.
Any advises on what I should do?
I have an upcoming Travel by last week of December and I would really like to have my AP document on hand before I exit out of the the country.
Any clues or advises would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
wallpaper Famous Atheism Quotes: Famous Atheism Quotes:
Blog Feeds
07-15 03:01 PM
Foreign nationals who enter the United States with a non-immigrant visa are issued Form I-94 card at the port of entry. Form I-94 is a white piece of paper issued by the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) which shows the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/CBP a record of your arrival and departure date from the United States. If you returned to your home country with Form I-94 in your passport, then your departure from the United States was not properly recorded. It is vital that you close out your earlier record of arrival to the U.S. Otherwise DHS will have in their records that you remained in the U.S. beyond the time you were authorized to stay.
If you are now in your home country with Form I-94 (or if you lost Form I-94), then you must validate your departure from the United States with DHS/CBP. The following are ways to validate departure with DHS/CBP:
· original boarding passes used to depart the United States;
· departure stamps in your passport indicating entry and exist from the United States;
· pay check stubs or letter from employer indicating that you worked in another country after you departed the United States;
· bank records illustrating transactions made showing you were in another country after you left the United States;
· school records showing attendance at a school outside the U.S. indicating you were in another country after you left the United States;
· Receipts showing your name and date illustrating you made purchases outside the U.S., after leaving the United States.
Send the appropriate documentation to the following address ONLY:
DHS-CBP ACS Inc.
1084 South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744 USA
This is the only location where they will make the necessary changes to the DHS/CBP record. Do not forget to make copies of the materials you mail to DHS!
More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Immigration-law-answers-blog/~3/Twrhc4dzyZ4/)
If you are now in your home country with Form I-94 (or if you lost Form I-94), then you must validate your departure from the United States with DHS/CBP. The following are ways to validate departure with DHS/CBP:
· original boarding passes used to depart the United States;
· departure stamps in your passport indicating entry and exist from the United States;
· pay check stubs or letter from employer indicating that you worked in another country after you departed the United States;
· bank records illustrating transactions made showing you were in another country after you left the United States;
· school records showing attendance at a school outside the U.S. indicating you were in another country after you left the United States;
· Receipts showing your name and date illustrating you made purchases outside the U.S., after leaving the United States.
Send the appropriate documentation to the following address ONLY:
DHS-CBP ACS Inc.
1084 South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744 USA
This is the only location where they will make the necessary changes to the DHS/CBP record. Do not forget to make copies of the materials you mail to DHS!
More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Immigration-law-answers-blog/~3/Twrhc4dzyZ4/)

bbenhill
11-13 08:51 PM
I believe whenever you apply H1 or H4 in US, you will get new I-94 so you don't need to go outside US.
#3 : no, only show H1B approval from ur spouse.
#4 : I don't know about 60 days rule but this is like chicken and egg situation. to get paid (using H1), you will need to have SSN. if you don't get paid then you are violating ur H1 condition. so I believe the reasonable answer is you have to get SSN and a project so you can get paid and stay using H1B status (if not revert to H4 asap).
#5 : I believe you are not out of status but you are violating H1 condition.
But again, Please check with ur attorney since I am not an attorney.
Sorry if my answers will scare you a bit.
Regards,
I came to USA in March-2009 on H4 visa, I have H4 visa stamp on my passport valid till 2011 which is my husband�s valid H1 date. Then i applied for H1B through one of consulting companies. I got H1B approval in June-2009. I am searching for the project from June-2009 but, don't have project till date. So now i wanted to change my status again from H1B to H4. I believe my H1B is automatically activated on 1st Oct 2009. I still don�t have any paychecks since I did not get the project and haven�t yet applied for SSN.
So my questions are,
1.Can I apply for visa status change from H1B to H4 in USA or
a. I need to go outside USA and reapply for H4 visa in my home country or
b.just go outside USA and enter back with my current H4 on my passport which is valid until 2011?
2. Is there any alternative that I can apply for status change from H1B to H4 immediately in USA to continue my H4 visa again and can get H4 visa stamp in future when I will go outside USA?
3. Do I need to show paystubs from Oct-2009 while applying for H4 COS in USA while filling the form?
4. Is there a 60 day rule during which I need to apply for my SSN? What would happen if I delay applying for my SSN?
5. Under what scenarios and When would I be considered out of status?
Thank You in advance.
Arpu
#3 : no, only show H1B approval from ur spouse.
#4 : I don't know about 60 days rule but this is like chicken and egg situation. to get paid (using H1), you will need to have SSN. if you don't get paid then you are violating ur H1 condition. so I believe the reasonable answer is you have to get SSN and a project so you can get paid and stay using H1B status (if not revert to H4 asap).
#5 : I believe you are not out of status but you are violating H1 condition.
But again, Please check with ur attorney since I am not an attorney.
Sorry if my answers will scare you a bit.
Regards,
I came to USA in March-2009 on H4 visa, I have H4 visa stamp on my passport valid till 2011 which is my husband�s valid H1 date. Then i applied for H1B through one of consulting companies. I got H1B approval in June-2009. I am searching for the project from June-2009 but, don't have project till date. So now i wanted to change my status again from H1B to H4. I believe my H1B is automatically activated on 1st Oct 2009. I still don�t have any paychecks since I did not get the project and haven�t yet applied for SSN.
So my questions are,
1.Can I apply for visa status change from H1B to H4 in USA or
a. I need to go outside USA and reapply for H4 visa in my home country or
b.just go outside USA and enter back with my current H4 on my passport which is valid until 2011?
2. Is there any alternative that I can apply for status change from H1B to H4 immediately in USA to continue my H4 visa again and can get H4 visa stamp in future when I will go outside USA?
3. Do I need to show paystubs from Oct-2009 while applying for H4 COS in USA while filling the form?
4. Is there a 60 day rule during which I need to apply for my SSN? What would happen if I delay applying for my SSN?
5. Under what scenarios and When would I be considered out of status?
Thank You in advance.
Arpu
2011 free Famous+atheist+quotes
nat23
11-17 01:43 PM
I'm aware of the fact the SKIL Bill has been introduced both in the House and the Senate but it has been coupled with the CIR in the Senate.
If the CIR dies or is pushed out till 2009, what are the chances of SKIL bill being taken up for discussion?
If you look at the priority dates , they are moving along quite smoothly for rest of the world except India.
This scenario concerns me.
When people say the immigration system is broken they mean illegal immigrants. Only a few who understand and know the immigration system closely know that its broken with respect to legal immigrants also.
If the CIR dies or is pushed out till 2009, what are the chances of SKIL bill being taken up for discussion?
If you look at the priority dates , they are moving along quite smoothly for rest of the world except India.
This scenario concerns me.
When people say the immigration system is broken they mean illegal immigrants. Only a few who understand and know the immigration system closely know that its broken with respect to legal immigrants also.
more...

EB3_SEP04
08-27 05:33 PM
Hi,
My company filed for I-140 around Dec-2007. During first week of Sep-2008 USCIS case status page was showing "I-140 is approved". After that since third week of Sep-2008 case status page is showing "Documents mailed to applicant".
But neighter my lawyer not my employer had received the approval notice in mail.
How to obtain the duplicate or copy of this approved I-140? What form need to be submitted? where? and how much time it takes?
Thanks,
Even an entry level lawyer knows how to request\obtain a document that USCIS has sent but is not received. I suspect they are not telling the truth because they don't want to give you a copy.
If the lawyer simply calls USCIS 800 number on the I-140 receipt notice and provides relevent information they would at least send a COPY if not original or duplicate.
My company filed for I-140 around Dec-2007. During first week of Sep-2008 USCIS case status page was showing "I-140 is approved". After that since third week of Sep-2008 case status page is showing "Documents mailed to applicant".
But neighter my lawyer not my employer had received the approval notice in mail.
How to obtain the duplicate or copy of this approved I-140? What form need to be submitted? where? and how much time it takes?
Thanks,
Even an entry level lawyer knows how to request\obtain a document that USCIS has sent but is not received. I suspect they are not telling the truth because they don't want to give you a copy.
If the lawyer simply calls USCIS 800 number on the I-140 receipt notice and provides relevent information they would at least send a COPY if not original or duplicate.
manja
01-18 01:09 PM
Check out this website. It has all the information we all want:
http://www.visataxes.com/
http://www.visataxes.com/
more...
seaken75
10-12 03:36 AM
I am scheduling an Infopass appointment at my local USCIS office in the hope of getting an interim EAD. It has been more than 90 days since they received my application.
I have a few questions:
1. What do i need to bring?
2. What should i expect?
3. What kind of questions would they ask?
Your experience in this matter is great appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
I have a few questions:
1. What do i need to bring?
2. What should i expect?
3. What kind of questions would they ask?
Your experience in this matter is great appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
2010 and freethinkers, einstein,true freethinker Famous+atheist+quotes
dreamgc_real
12-06 02:06 PM
Dream Act is a moral issue and being fair to the kids who have made this country their own.
Recapture - Legal immigrants who lost visa numbers due to bureaucratic mistakes, should not be punished. Most of the people seeking recapture have followed every law written in the books and this too is a moral issue - to be fair to the people who did everything right.
Granted, both the dream act students and eb immigrants are in the mess, and it needs to be fixed. The only difference is that the Dream kids have been more vocal and active in getting people to back their issue than we have done.
Recapture - Legal immigrants who lost visa numbers due to bureaucratic mistakes, should not be punished. Most of the people seeking recapture have followed every law written in the books and this too is a moral issue - to be fair to the people who did everything right.
Granted, both the dream act students and eb immigrants are in the mess, and it needs to be fixed. The only difference is that the Dream kids have been more vocal and active in getting people to back their issue than we have done.
more...
ngopalak
07-05 12:59 PM
i think you are right. 100 M is a LOT of money to forsake for an agency like USCIS.
That I think is the reason they had to stop people from applyng before Julyy27th
If you like to beleive that the USCIS employees care USCIS revenue, you might like this answer.
200K apps (potential applicants in July) times $500 increase.
100,000,000
That I think is the reason they had to stop people from applyng before Julyy27th
If you like to beleive that the USCIS employees care USCIS revenue, you might like this answer.
200K apps (potential applicants in July) times $500 increase.
100,000,000
hair another very funny site.

langagadu
03-29 03:53 PM
nope
more...
capriol
07-06 02:32 PM
you should be fine. do you have a valid transit visa? i think you need to have one if you are travelling through the European Union.
Dear friends,
I received all the three responses to my queries on AP travel. All three of you have confirmed the same. Thanks a lot, I feel a lot better now. Although, as one of you mentioned about a transit visa through the EU, I will be waiting within the Amsterdam airport for 3 hours to take the connecting U.S flight, and so I don't think I need a transit visa. Thanks a lot.
Dear friends,
I received all the three responses to my queries on AP travel. All three of you have confirmed the same. Thanks a lot, I feel a lot better now. Although, as one of you mentioned about a transit visa through the EU, I will be waiting within the Amsterdam airport for 3 hours to take the connecting U.S flight, and so I don't think I need a transit visa. Thanks a lot.
hot quot;A friend is someone who knows
maxy
04-28 09:43 AM
this renewal i believe will be with new fees, so will it be extended for 1 yr or 3 yrs ?
more...
house famous atheist quotes
mckottayam
05-02 06:07 PM
We came back yesterday May 1st, my wife's stamp is only until May 31st and mine until Aug 30th but we had the extended approval notices. Both H1s. We both got stamped until the end of the extension date on the I 797. I don't think you'll have any problem.
tattoo Labels: atheism vs religion,
zephyrr
03-21 12:35 PM
Yes, there is a certain amount of risk depending on the company you work for. If you work for a Fortune 10 which has a 100% track record wit 140s, your risk is mitigated.
I agree that one should probably do it for compelling reasons.
I think relevent part here is Q 1.
Question 1. How should service centers or district offices process unapproved I-140
petitions that were concurrently filed with I-485 applications that have been pending
180 days in relation to the I-140 portability provisions under �106(c) of AC21?
Answer: If it is discovered that a beneficiary has ported off of an unapproved I-140 and I-485 that has
been pending for 180 days or more, the following procedures should be applied:
A. Review the pending I-140 petition to determine if the preponderance of the evidence
establishes that the case is approvable or would have been approvable had it been adjudicated
within 180 days. If the petition is approvable but for an ability to pay issue or any other issue
relating to a time after the filing of the petition, approve the petition on it�s merits. Then
adjudicate the adjustment of status application to determine if the new position is the same or
similar occupational classification for I-140 portability purposes.
B. If a request for additional evidence (RFE) is necessary to resolve a material issue, other than
post-filing issues such as ability to pay, an RFE can be issued to try to resolve the issue. When a
response is received, and if the petition is approvable, follow the procedures in part A above.
Interim guidance for processing I-140 employment-based immigrant petitions and I-485 and H-1B petitions affected
by the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21) (Public Law 106-313)
--------------------------
If that isn't risky.. I think you are all set for that week-end bungy jump from golden gate bridge!
I agree that one should probably do it for compelling reasons.
I think relevent part here is Q 1.
Question 1. How should service centers or district offices process unapproved I-140
petitions that were concurrently filed with I-485 applications that have been pending
180 days in relation to the I-140 portability provisions under �106(c) of AC21?
Answer: If it is discovered that a beneficiary has ported off of an unapproved I-140 and I-485 that has
been pending for 180 days or more, the following procedures should be applied:
A. Review the pending I-140 petition to determine if the preponderance of the evidence
establishes that the case is approvable or would have been approvable had it been adjudicated
within 180 days. If the petition is approvable but for an ability to pay issue or any other issue
relating to a time after the filing of the petition, approve the petition on it�s merits. Then
adjudicate the adjustment of status application to determine if the new position is the same or
similar occupational classification for I-140 portability purposes.
B. If a request for additional evidence (RFE) is necessary to resolve a material issue, other than
post-filing issues such as ability to pay, an RFE can be issued to try to resolve the issue. When a
response is received, and if the petition is approvable, follow the procedures in part A above.
Interim guidance for processing I-140 employment-based immigrant petitions and I-485 and H-1B petitions affected
by the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21) (Public Law 106-313)
--------------------------
If that isn't risky.. I think you are all set for that week-end bungy jump from golden gate bridge!
more...
pictures Anti Atheism Quotes: Gawker
zexunzhou
09-17 12:54 PM
do not know what to do yet.
dresses favorite atheist quotes.
desi485
09-27 10:12 AM
^^bump^^
more...
makeup atheist quotes on religion

hebron
06-21 10:58 AM
Hi Guys,
Have a question about porting from EB3 to EB2 suing the experience I gained from my current employer. Can I fall back to my existing EB3 application if I file EB2 labor and I-140 and these get denied? Please suggest and I am also not sure if the requirement that job descriptions have to be 50% different cam be met. Software Engineer and Principal software engineer jobs have same SOC and DOT codes.
Job description when I was hired: (software engineer): Understand client requirements, design, document and develop object-oriented software solutions; debugging and code review, unit tetsing code for all logic and flow, participates in the test review thorugh test review and analysis. Experience require 2-4 years.
My current job description: (Principal Software engineer): Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Coordinates work teams - Provides technical support to project team members and co-ordinate with technical team and Quality assurance team. Provide consultation and expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures on complex projects. Extensive experience and judgment required to plan and accomplish goals. Experience required is 8-10 years.
Have a question about porting from EB3 to EB2 suing the experience I gained from my current employer. Can I fall back to my existing EB3 application if I file EB2 labor and I-140 and these get denied? Please suggest and I am also not sure if the requirement that job descriptions have to be 50% different cam be met. Software Engineer and Principal software engineer jobs have same SOC and DOT codes.
Job description when I was hired: (software engineer): Understand client requirements, design, document and develop object-oriented software solutions; debugging and code review, unit tetsing code for all logic and flow, participates in the test review thorugh test review and analysis. Experience require 2-4 years.
My current job description: (Principal Software engineer): Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Coordinates work teams - Provides technical support to project team members and co-ordinate with technical team and Quality assurance team. Provide consultation and expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures on complex projects. Extensive experience and judgment required to plan and accomplish goals. Experience required is 8-10 years.
girlfriend Atheist
waitnwatch
08-04 12:03 PM
Thank you for this information. Never realized that this should be done.
hairstyles Check out a funny atheist blg
gconmymind
03-25 03:18 PM
Is this true?
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/86900247/
That seems to be correct. STRIVE had similar provisions when it was introduced last time. HOWEVER, is STRIVE being discussed currently by Congress? Do you have a link to that?
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/86900247/
That seems to be correct. STRIVE had similar provisions when it was introduced last time. HOWEVER, is STRIVE being discussed currently by Congress? Do you have a link to that?
tuhin
07-16 12:53 PM
Hello,
I have a general question on EB# to EB2 porting and was hoping if I could get any advice here. I have a labor filed under EB3 in 2005. I got my EAD in 2007 (thanks to the floodgates that opened in July). Now I am planning to move to a different employer in a much better role. The future employer is a startup, and is a little hesitant on transferring H1B, but will file for my labor in EB2 category and will work on porting my priority date.
That means, I will have to drop my H1 (valid through 2012) and will be on EAD. Is it possible to file for EB2 and port from EB3 later on, if H1 visa is dropped and I am in solely on EAD?
Thanks for going through my post.
I have a general question on EB# to EB2 porting and was hoping if I could get any advice here. I have a labor filed under EB3 in 2005. I got my EAD in 2007 (thanks to the floodgates that opened in July). Now I am planning to move to a different employer in a much better role. The future employer is a startup, and is a little hesitant on transferring H1B, but will file for my labor in EB2 category and will work on porting my priority date.
That means, I will have to drop my H1 (valid through 2012) and will be on EAD. Is it possible to file for EB2 and port from EB3 later on, if H1 visa is dropped and I am in solely on EAD?
Thanks for going through my post.
solaris27
03-20 10:04 AM
no diffrence in selling a house on H1b or EAD